It\'s Friday and have we heard from Suzuki

sherm

Registered
Wait a minute. It seems to me that there are two tracks here.

If you experience cutouts you can take your bike to the dealer and have them fix it under warrantee. It looks like several forum members did this and got good results. It did take Suzuki time to figure out what the problem is, so early fix attempts by the dealers failed because the dealers didn't have a clue. Now they know what the problem is and how to fix it.

The other track is a safety recall. This is a complicated and tricky process, with ambulance chasers and the competition watching every move Suzuki makes. When a recall is issued it will probably include a warning not to ride the bike until the recall work is done. (The 98 R1 clutch recall had this warning.)

Since the cutouts are intermittant I would think that any Hayabusa owner could claim it happened to their bike and get the filter work done under warrantee. It would be very hard for a dealer to prove otherwise, and there's no point to it. Why wait?

Ordered the parts today, I love life more than any bike. When the parts arrive I will let Suzuki pick up the tab, simple as that(we will call it a warranty issue).

Well I am sure we all know what day it is, its FRIDAY! Which also happens to be the day that US Suzuki is going to bless us with the Official "Cut-Out Solution". So if you have been contacted or if you have not please post your experiance with the Official Solution.

Called the Dealer at 1pm, they have not heard from Suzuki.

Called US Suzuki 1:30pm left message, Customer Service called right back with the info:

Suzuki has replicated the cutout and is confident they have it under control with an effective solution.
Only problem Suzuki's corporate lawyers have to address the DOT and other federal agency guidelines and overview all possible liabilities BEFORE they give the solution to the dealers.

No firm release date has been set, It's Hayabusa as usual hurry up and wait(looks like another two weeks). That is what they said last week, or was that the week before that one?

I just hope it doesn't take a human life before the Lawyers get their paycheck.

Suzuki Corporate lawyers and the ZX12R, what do they have in common?
1) B.S. and circle talk

2) They should all sink to the Pacific Ocean floor!

3) (your opinion___________________________)

Back