Isle Of Man

What language is he speaking???? I think I heard that he downshifted, counting on engine braking and found a false neutral instead, hit the curb and got kicked off. Do I actually understand him? :)

Come on man, I always wanted to be the sidecar rider.
Now I just need a driver.
Whatcha doin next year?

I had a tuner in the 70s that was the 'monkey' on sidecars and he had a picture of himself hanging off in a turn with his helmet a couple inches away from the pavement while he was giving a peace sign with his free hand. He was an amazing rider.

What language is he speaking ? ? ? ?

I think I heard that he downshifted,
counting on engine braking and found a false neutral instead,
hit the curb and got kicked off.

Do I actually understand him ? :)

My niece married her husband from New Zealand ~ we spell our words the same, yet sound so different . . .

harley-tours-new-zealand-the-arthurs-pass.jpg

I think I heard him back off the throttle just a little for a split second, at least twice.
Poor guy, must've been having an off day.

My niece married her husband from New Zealand ~ we spell our words the same, yet sound so different . . .

View attachment 1573340

Christchurch (east coast where I live) to Porters Pass and Arthurs thru to the West Coast is an awesome ride, hills mountains, lakes etc a rewarding day trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on man, I always wanted to be the sidecar rider.
Now I just need a driver.
Whatcha doin next year?
Spoke to m8 today whilst getting new rear tire,he has two sidecars one runs a 2005 GSXR1000 donkey and his new one will run a zx12 motor ,I'm learning the ropes as rider but the (swinger) is a whole different ball game.Des James is one of New Zealand's top sidecar riders and it takes years to develop a team ,you really have to trust each other,but poop it's fun

20170610_101337.jpg

20170610_101345.jpg

Spoke to mate today whilst getting new rear tire,
he has two sidecars one runs a 2005 GSXR1000
donkey and his new one will run a zx12 motor .

I'm learning the ropes as rider but the (swinger) is a whole different ball game.

Des James is one of New Zealand's top sidecar riders and it takes years to develop a team ,
you really have to trust each other,but poop it's fun

View attachment 1573384

View attachment 1573385

He wasnt very competitive in the first part of the race but after Hutchinson's crash ( hope he's ok, heard he broke his leg again) brought out the Red Flag, Dunlop just smoked them all from there on. Hear he did two successive 132mph laps after that! That GSXR could be lethal once they get it sorted!

Dean Harrison did a 134.432mph. lap in the Superbikes race before retiring. New outright lap record and he did it from a standing start! Dunlop went on to win, but man Harrison has been flying this TT!

I haven't found the TT on tv anywhere (Comcast). I thought surely Velocity channel would show it as they usually do.
I'll have to Youtube it this weekend.

Back