Is Customer Service Dead?.....

Mtrhed

Registered
....Not a Cloud 9 Motorsports! I "Lost" my clutch week ago and my initial inspection showed a big chunk broken out of my sprocket cover. When I pulled the clutch lever in the slave cylinder flexed the whole cover away from the engine case. GoldenChild from Cloud 9 diagnosed the issue late on July 3rd and asked when I could bring the bike in to his shop. I suggested bringing the bike in on the 5th and he said, "Well, don't you want to ride on the 4th?" I said that sounded great but that I didn't want to mess up any of his family plans for the holiday. He laughed and said that he was an early riser and if I could get the bike up there early on the 4th he'd get things sorted out. I arrived around 6 AM and he finished the bike around 9:30 AM. The sprocket cover was broken in at least 3 pieces, we only found 2. The clutch rod was bent and a bolt mounting boss in the case was broken as well. He had a billet D&D replacement cover in stock and he fixed a couple of other minor things while the bike was on the stand. The depth of GoldenChild's knowledge of these bike is endless. He hoards parts and pieces and has them organized and at his fingertips so any weird little fittings and fasteners, he's got 'em.
Cloud 9 maintained my bike before I pruchased it and GoldenChild's rep on this site was a factor for me in buying my bike in the first place. He takes care of his customers and treats my bike like an old friend. Thanks again GC! I'm looking forward to bringing my XB9R up to Cloud 9 soon for a blown fork seal.

IMG_3432.JPG

Daniel has been so good to all of us over the years , would really like to meet him in person someday.

Well stated, BTW your bike is gorgeous...minus that front fender! LMAO

Thanks Viper! I wanted somthing to make the bikes silhouette just a bit different. Opinions on the fender are black or white, people either love it or hate it. Either way, it always starts a conversation. The fender does effect the handling a bit. I feel the steering is a bit lighter at freeway speeds with the Tiger fender compared to stock. This makes no sense to me since it's cross-section is so much bigger then the stock piece. The finish on the fender is not pretty as-shipped. I'll get some more work done in it this coming winter and re-spray it.

Thanks Viper! I wanted somthing to make the bikes silhouette just a bit different. Opinions on the fender are black or white, people either love it or hate it. Either way, it always starts a conversation. The fender does effect the handling a bit. I feel the steering is a bit lighter at freeway speeds with the Tiger fender compared to stock. This makes no sense to me since it's cross-section is so much bigger then the stock piece. The finish on the fender is not pretty as-shipped. I'll get some more work done in it this coming winter and re-spray it.
Beautiful looking Busa and man, she looks deep black lol. I once (just the once haha) rode a friends ZZR1000 which had a similar fender, (he was always complaining about the handling when it was windy) and a gust of wind took me from one lane to the next on a freeway in an instant, luckily there was no other traffic about or it could have ended badly, scary stuff. Needless to say my advise was to get rid of the fender or get rid of the bike and buy a Busa, he opted for the latter :laugh:

Back