ire patch kit for the road

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for a tire patch kit that includes something to air up my tire also if it is low? anyone know where i can get something like this or is my alternative to geting plugs and buying a small walmart cigerettl lighter compressor better?

thanks

I bought a plug kit from walmart and then also bought one of those CO2 bike tire air kits.............then just bought a bunch of the cartridges from the CO2 pellet rifle section..............that should do the job.....doesn't take up much room under the hump. Of course anytime you plug you need to go right to a tire place and have them swap out tires.......and only at low speeds!!!!!
smile.gif

59 bucks for the tire repair kit. comes with everything ya need. Do a search in the net under motorcycle tire repair kit. You can get some cheaper then 59 bucks as well.

thanks for the heads up
on the co2 cartrigaes how many do you usually carry though to get the tire up to a safe level? or has no one had to use it yet?

two cartridges will bring you up to 36-38 psi.. Only DON'T forget: this is NOT a remedy, just a painkiller..

two cartridges will bring you up to 36-38 psi..    Only DON'T forget:  this is NOT a remedy, just a painkiller..
yep......I definately agree........it's just a patch job til you can get it replaced..........keep it at low speeds. I usually carry 5 or 6 cartridges........they don't take up much room.

smile.gif

Yeah i totally understand living in the sticks out here and riding on sundays mostly i've been lucky not to have had a flat on the road but i thought i better find some preventative so i can get home at least

I use the stop and go tire plug kit it works well I also use the CO2 inflator kit from them, as well as own a cycle pump that is 4"x6".Competition accessories has the cycle pumps on sale now.www.stopngo.com

Back