Iran, Nukes and Oil (by GEN Barry McCaffrey)

So Zuk Exxon claimed a 10 BILLION dollar profit in last quarter of last year.
If they make that much why does gas have to go up because trouble arises in the middle east?
The same people trying to make us fear Iran are same ones gouging our eyes out at the pump.
'They' will allow us to think war or conflict is needed there and gas has to go up so they can continue to make billions. Difficult for me to believe rising gas prices are anything else other than greed. And with greed comes loss of conscience and 'I don't care'. When Exxon reports a loss with no profit made I'll accept that we have to do what we have to do to 'preserve our supply' even though the majority of it comes from Canada.

Hey Blanca, I'm with you but you are talking about option 2 of the two I pointed out and like I said which way do you think is easier for the folks in power to go :dunno: Seems pretty obvious that option 1 is easier or better politically than option 2 :banghead:

Has Iran ever done anything like this?

Gaza Aid Convoy Attack: Israel’s Murderous Sea Piracy a Horrendous Moment of Truth for US Policy

Not a single weapon, even so little as a knife was found aboard any ship.
Nor did they find any illegal arms or anything that wasn't supposed to be there.

This is just one of many incidents gone unpunished because of who the perpetrators were.

If I remember correctly, they were in Israeli waters and failed to heave to for inspection. If they had complied without fighting, they would have been inspected and allowed to proceed. This was purely a propaganda ploy so they could claim 'victim' status - mulitple past "relief ships' had been filled with weapons and ammunition in violation. The Israeli's had had enough. It's the reason for the blockade in the FIRST Place....

Hamas could make peace if it wanted to; same with Hezbollah. Restate their aim is not the total anniliation of the Jewish state, put down their arms, control their own radical elements who keep lobbing explosives across the wall or blowing up passenger busses, and come to the peace table - then the pressure would be on Israel. Just think, if they'd done this 20 years ago, this would be all a faded dream. But they just can't make themselves do it....

It's like a customer not paying us, and when I have to call him out on it, he gets mad at ME for it - when it's his own fault in the first place...

btw - we are getting somewhat off-topic....

Nope International waters. Middle of the Mediterranean.

And Hamas and Hezbollah have made many many many deals with them. Same as PLO.
It has always been Israel that is one not to abide by agreements that causes things to fall apart.

Maybe if Israel stopped oppressing their Palestinian neighbors , stopped building illegal settlements, returned land they already have said they would than folks would stop attacking them?

Yes way off topic but unfortunately it is all intertwined.
That's what makes it so dang complicated.

This is why I say forget them all.

I think we sent a frigate HMS Argyll along for the trip.
I think in the UK we've got rid of all our carriers until 2020, when our new ones will be ready, yep got planes but no ships to land them on.

Hi Newman,
We haven't got any planes either, we scrapped our Harriers in the last round of Defence Cuts, and our Typhoons are not Carrier bound A/C.

However, as you say we are building 2 new Carriers and are planning on buying American F35 Lightning 11's to operate from them, we build the F35 Empennage here at Samlesbury not six miles away from my front door!!

Best regards Stretch :beerchug:

Oh come on Lads, forget all the rhetoric, Israel's gonna move in? I would, dinnerjacket!!!! yeah , come on. :poke:

Best regards Stretch

LOL Too funny!!! That's right up there with the tooth fairy.

cheers
ken

No Ken its not. The Israelis have signed uncounted numbers of agreements promising not to build more settlements in occupied disputed territories only to do exact opposite. They are illegal settlements. The fact you laugh at such a serious thing shows clearly why the world and middle east is in the situation it's in.
People compare violation of UN resolutions by Israel to the tooth fairy but yet want to bomb Iran over same. Hypocrisy at it finest.

If you meant it as a joke like 'the tooth fairy will come before that ever happens' than I apologize.

If you meant it as a joke like 'the tooth fairy will come before that ever happens' than I apologize.

That's exactly what I meant. Israel pulling back to the '67 borders, dismantling the settlements, and returning the land to the Palestinians is as likely as the tooth fairy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No need to apologize, just send more mojo!

cheers
ken

Anyone talking about Israel pulling back from land they gained during war is an idiot. It is a non-starter. They won, too bad for the losers. If all of the anti-Israel groups stopped bombing/rocketing Israel, they would not have any problems. Till then the different Palestinian groups are pissing in the wind and wondering why they are all wet. They are ALWAYS taken advantage of by their own leaders (like Arafat in the day) and treated like idiots. When they stop abusing each other and screwing their fellow Palestinians, then they can move forward. They deserve what they get for supporting those that treat them like dirt.

Back