internet radio to the big stereo

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
whilst rearranging yesterday, it finally dawned on me to hook one of the laptops up to the home stereo. found the cable and plugged in... brought up shoutcast.com, found a station at 192kbps and cranked it up. It was GREAT! Quality was good enough, LOW number of commercials.... actually, with PANDORA.com there were NO commercials. started dialing up gerne based songs and was in heaven!

anyone else listen to net radio on their home theater or big stereo, not just on the computer?

pandora.JPG

Yes, I spent a lot of time with Pandora.
thumb_up.gif

I have Sirius all over the place now, so I don't use the internet radio that much anymore.

I've been using Pandora for about a month and I think its ok. I do not like that you can't listen to whatever song you want. I do think it works very well in selecting music that I enjoy though!

I've used shoutcast and others for a while, hooked into a number of things, hell I even rip the streams down to MP3 and stuff them on the mp3 player so I have a "live broadcast" while I ride or whatever
cool.gif

I've turned now to streaming movies off the net and piping htem into the tv/sound system
beerchug.gif
hellova lot easier than going to block buster LOL

now if you wanna get a little fancier, get orb setup on your home PC, hook in your cable and stream/watch/change channels etc from your windows mobile phone
firedevil.gif
Hell you can also get reallllly bored and setup a streaming server, rip your dvds down to smaller divx like format and pipe them across to your laptop, phone, etc and enjoy whatever movie while on the road
beerchug.gif

Back