Internal Fuel Pump Question

card16969

Registered
Ok so I am building a turbo system for my 03 and since I am parting out my old mitsubishi eclipse I have a Walbro 255 and a aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. Can I use these with my build along with my 550 injectors. I purchased a mcxpress turbo with manifold and a pc3 with 3bar map sensor and hub. I know with the 550 injectors I have, I have to have the ecu flashed to accept them. So my biggest question is can I use my Walbro 255 and my aeromotive fpr or are they the wrong application? The aeromotive looks like this http://evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto-3000gt-shop/images/27th Oct 2007 092wtmk.jpg

Its not a bolt in fit but if you can fabricate to fit , the pump and regulator can work
depending on the pump it may fit in the std position, and if the internal filter is not too restrictive , provide enough flow and pressure
but you will need to crush the std reg or fit a blanking plug or you will never see more than the original 43 psi pressure from the boost referenced reg

So replace the standard regulator with a blanking plate, what about replacing the fuel rail with a billet high flow fuel rail? I know they say they mitsu injectors fit if they are re oringed do you know if the factory fuel rail can handle the flow ?

if the std regulator is not disabled or blocked it will vent if you use the original filter assembly, crushing it effectively raises the operating pressure untill you get it above the needed pressure that the boost referenced reg has full control, , replicating the oem reg with a machined blanking plug will do same, you have a round hole in a plastic filter to fill and the reg is retained by a clip

alternately, remove the plastic filter assembly and make an internal pipe to transfer the fuel from the pump to the outlet, or a new outlet (as you need a return added anyway)

factory rail is very small internally, many are running it at 300hp,and it can be bored a little but aftermarket fuel are a good idea at that level

Im thinking im going to just get a aftermarket rail and find a set of adjustable cam sprockets and replace the timing chain and do it right.

Back