interchangeables...

8overin808

Registered
Well that's it, we can officially call the busa's we all know and love the "first gen"...

So the question is, how much has that new busa's frame changed from the old one? From the initial pics it looks like the same frame. If that's true I'd consider dropping in a 08 motor into my 00 if I happen to blow it up at some point on a racetrack somewhere. Anyone got any info on what we will be able to bastardize from the 08's into our older bikes? I sure would like that front end too.... not the body, but the radial mounts would be nice.

That sure would be nice. I bet a complete engine, fuel system, wiring, ecm....will hold a hefty price for awhile if true.

beerchug.gif

yeah it probably will, as will that front end, but in a few years time my busa may be eligible for an upgrade, unless i've already bought a new one.  but i probably won't buy a new one....That's the tough thing with owning a busa, it's such a damn good bike it's hard to justify ever replacing it!  
smile.gif

(8overin808 @ Jul. 10 2007,21:59) yeah it probably will, as will that front end, but in a few years time my busa may be eligible for an upgrade, unless i've already bought a new one.  but i probably won't buy a new one....That's the tough thing with owning a busa, it's such a damn good bike it's hard to justify ever replacing it!  
smile.gif
Is the Max Speed Limit on Oahu still 45 like it was when I was there in 69 and 70? Must be frustrating on a Busa.
rock.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 10 2007,19:48) Is the Max Speed Limit on Oahu still 45 like it was when I was there in 69 and 70?  Must be frustrating on a Busa.
rock.gif
with a speed limit like that you dont need any gears but first
race.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 10 2007,19:48)
(8overin808 @ Jul. 10 2007,21:59) yeah it probably will, as will that front end, but in a few years time my busa may be eligible for an upgrade, unless i've already bought a new one.  but i probably won't buy a new one....That's the tough thing with owning a busa, it's such a damn good bike it's hard to justify ever replacing it!  
smile.gif
Is the Max Speed Limit on Oahu still 45 like it was when I was there in 69 and 70?  Must be frustrating on a Busa.
rock.gif
On the H1, and H2 you can actually get up to 65 on the ends in places...Oahu SUCKED on my busa.........

Straight bolt up
rock.gif
..............."MUAH-HA-HAAAAA...........
cool.gif
"

rock.gif

(johnnightlife @ Jul. 19 2007,19:57) does anyone know if the 08 plastics will fit older models??  
firedevil.gif
that would be cool, run the old forks/fender with a new head and main body panels, then an old stretched tail on a 10 over arm
smile.gif

i'm sure someone will work on this at some point in the near future

No engine swap without a lot of work... 2nd generation ECU, different wiring harness, & fuel system just to name a few. But, with the right tools and money anything can be accomplished.

I have done this.....its a job and the the tanks are a different size,there will be some shimming.It takes the complete electrical and fuel system to make this work.

(nitrousjunkie @ Jul. 22 2007,07:38) I have done this.....its a job and the the tanks are a different size,there will be some shimming.It takes the complete electrical and fuel system to make this work.
NJ, you've done an 08 to 00 engine swap?
I think the title to this post is a little confusing...
eek2.gif

With the money you'd spend on an 08 engine and all the stuff associated including install and dyno time You could have made your existing motor into a monster . Your gonna swap motors just to get another 10-15 horses
rock.gif
I wouldn't go thru all that trouble even if it made an extra 50 Horses . I can get that with a 60 shot that would only set me back $300 -$500 bucks .

(tinmann @ Jul. 30 2007,13:04) With the money you'd spend on an 08 engine and all the stuff associated including install and dyno time You could have made your existing motor into a monster . Your gonna swap motors just to get another 10-15 horses
rock.gif
I wouldn't go thru all that trouble even if it made an extra 50 Horses . I can get that with a 60 shot that would only set me back $300 -$500 bucks .
or you could just move up to a 1397 too.

Physicaly the swap should be straight forward between the 1gen and 2nd gen but like others stated, engine +ecu +wirring harness +either re-pin to old cluster or new cluster +maybe fuel tank +etc

Back