Installed Stainless Carbon End Yoshi R-77 Slips

outlawd94cobra

Registered
Well, picked them up earlier in the evening and decided to just hurry up and slap them on. About a 30 minute install for me, that includes removing the baffles, and trying to fish the damn torque screw out the grommet opening of one end cap.

The sound is as expected from prior Yosh models. Low rumble at idle and lower gears, of course sounds much throatier in confined areas such as a garage entrance or narrow neighborhood streets. 30 minute test run gave no backpressure at all, through all gears, up to about 110mph on the freeway. I was able to set off 2 car alarms on cars parked on a side street in 2nd gear.

No complaints for these slip-ons so far. Wasn't looking for primarily performance, just some weight reduction, a little bling to match the silver, wanted to keep the dual look, and just to be heard a lil bit for safety.

Sorry the pics are crappy, cell pics at 10pm in the garage.

IMG00047.jpg

IMG00048.jpg

IMG00046.jpg

IMG00045.jpg

I love the cans. I just want to shorten mine. I like to be able to see the swingarm and rear wheel. I was in heaven with my 06 GSXR600 that I put a Leo Vince pipe on. It was completely tucked in and sounded great. I'm having thoughts of finding a way to chop the exhaust down on the Busa to match the way my old bike exhaust was. I will keep it dual but tucked in.

Congrats .... i had them on my busa and i liked them ... now i have them on my zx-14 and i really like the sound of them,,,, pics? :beerchug:

curious which sound you like better: baffle IN vs. baffle OUT?

Didn't really waste my time listening with the baffles in, after reading through searches on multilple boards, i just did it before installing. After removing them though, i can see how they could reduce the db levels. I ws just worried about backpressure and luckily didn't have an issue.

Back