Inexperianced Busa Rider !

ohsnap1.gif
That's gotta suck. Sounds like it wouldn't have mattered what bike he was on though

Hate to hear
sad.gif
Ride your own ride...

Hope he gets fixed up soon!

Young, dumb and full of ego. Hope he heals soon and learns to ride before he gets another sportbike of any kind.

i hate to read threads like this...i wish every new rider who thought about jumping on anything bigger than a 600 (at the most) would have to sit and look through entire books of the carnage caused by accidents on these things...i just hope they are able to piece this guy together well enough that he doesn't pay for this the rest of his life

Sorry to hear, can't be said enough, ride to your experience, not someone else's.

Here is a good read that will surprise a lot of ya. 48% of all fatalities in 2006 was sportbikes under 1000 CCs. Actually the 1001 to 1399 CCs was the lowest % which was mindboggling to me. Not until the early 2000's did Harley even make a bike over 1400 CCs. Most of them was the 1250s then the 1340s.....

Here is a good read that will surprise a lot of ya. 48% of all fatalities in 2006 was sportbikes under 1000 CCs. Actually the 1001 to 1399 CCs was the lowest % which was mindboggling to me. Not until the early 2000's did Harley even make a bike over 1400 CCs. Most of them was the 1250s then the 1340s.....
Know where you are coming from Kyle but this tool would've wrecked had he been on a 250

Know where you are coming from Kyle but this tool would've wrecked had he been on a 250
ohh i agree... without being there, it sure sounds like someone riding way past their comfort lvl. I USUALLY ride 50% of what I feel is my riding lvl. That way I can push it another 25% percent if something happens or ego/road rage takes over.
laugh.gif

CCs don't mean anything these days
GSXR 600 will blow a Harley V-rod a 1250cc bike away
My Insurance for my O6 Busa LE is cheaper than my 05 Harley springer classic
because of CCs 1300 vs 1450 I thank God the insurance co doesn't know the power
of the Busa

reminds me of that song "Foot Loose" 3 months riding time between the 3 of them? sheeezzz! lucky hes alive

i hate to read threads like this...i wish every new rider who thought about jumping on anything bigger than a 600 (at the most) would have to sit and look through entire books of the carnage caused by accidents on these things...i just hope they are able to piece this guy together well enough that he doesn't pay for this the rest of his life
THanks Semi... there should be rules about riding bikes that accelerate faster than they stop for new riders...

And Sam, I think the bike could have made all the difference in the world... a 650 Twin would turn easier, faster and probably not kept up with the Busa in the first place. Leaves that rider to ride his own ride instead of having the power to keep up with a luckier newb... (all three were new riders)...

I get the next crank Chris
smile.gif

THanks Semi...   there should be rules about riding bikes that accelerate faster than they stop for new riders...

And  Sam, I think the bike could have made all the difference in the world... a 650 Twin would turn easier, faster and probably not kept up with the Busa in the first place.  Leaves that rider to ride his own ride instead of having the power to keep up with a luckier newb... (all three were new riders)...

I get the next crank Chris
smile.gif
Should I get a Busa as my first bike
laugh.gif

That's actually a common statistic use by insurance companies.
My Busa was $1000 less a month than a 600.
Inexperienced riders buy 600's (Squids with no gear and no scruples)
Older, more mature riders buy 1000+cc bikes. (Full geared and safety minded)

That's actually a common statistic use by insurance companies.
My Busa was $1000 less a month than a 600.
Inexperienced riders buy 600's (Squids with no gear and no scruples)
Older, more mature riders buy 1000+cc bikes. (Full geared and safety minded)
600cc sport bike is not a beginners bike either... I posted that link a long time ago but it also shows that the ratio has changed dramatically over the last few years of the study... the trend is bigger, faster, deadlier..

Call Rayabusa... he will set you up on a turbo busa for a first bike.... grip it and rip it
laugh.gif

Back