Indy Street Racing...(My rant & .02 cents)

OB_c_rod2000

Registered
way to tell it gsxrboy, at least in detroit people will race just for fun. i hardly ever see money races except for big time bikes like busa, drag bikes ect. i havent gone on the busa yet. im waiting untill i put my mod in and go to miland to see where my "track skills are at". i havent raced competevily in a year or so. one more thing, gsxr if i hook up my kill switch "fake" do i have to wear the cord still or.............

Well I'm not sure if I was in the wrong place but the street racing down in Indy was the WORST I've even seen! We went down to the Steak and Shake from 11pm-4am and never got a single race. There were a ton of people talking sh*t about racing for big money blah blah blah but when confronted they went home. There was a white van towing a copper Busa and they talked BIG BIG SH*T all night. They wanted to race anyone for any amount of money, sky was the limit. Although they said they wouldn't unload the bike for under $1k. So after listening to them all night we decided FU** it lets play! We offered them a heads up race for $5k and a double or nothing race after if they wanted another try, against my Blue/Silver Busa! All of a sudden they were tired and had to go home and get some sleep! What a bunch of BS! I only saw 2 races all night and they were "just for fun" races. I never even saw a money race the whole entire night. Not to mention once they meet up at the Steak and Shake they ride 10 minutes away to race over in the industrial park or Amoco.

Well this was just my little rant about staying up all damn night and not even getting to race my Busa. Just in case your wondering, no I didn't trailer my Busa there I rode it there and back just like I do to work everyday!

If anyone wants some real street racing come on up to Detroit, MI Thursday or Friday night. Just show up at I75 and Clay, that's were we meet and that's were we race.

They wouldnt take the offer! It would have been fun to beat up on a busa with the 750 of harrys! The spread was to big...It was great to finally meet you guys! The street races was the sour note..alot of BS and no show...Thanks for the hospitality from those who we met you guys are great!!!
seb

before ya'll get down on indy streetracing remember those guys were from st. louis .
about 4am or so a bunch of us went over to st. rd. 37 and there was a good bit og street racin..unfortunatly i was in my vette so i just observed . i agree everyone should have walked away from those guys with the copper busa after 20 minutes,..its no usually like that....
BTW..THAT HARLY GAVE EDDIE THE BUST ON HIS GIXXER..HEADS UP THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT RACE !!!!! but it was his idea....
gsxr boy and dennis (motorhead) it was great to meet you guys.....didnt see either one of ya at the track sunday but maybe next time..i might show up at atco if i manage to pick up a new bike before then..

I was at Steak & Shake and witnessed the smack talking. That group with the copper busa w/the white van were really wanting to race. But I doubt if anyone would have spanked it, ( I heard it had a stroker motor and nitrous from a reliable source ). But I did see the harley and gsxr run, and that harley was fast for a lawnmower.

The only real race I saw was on the road next to the track during the day...

By the way hayabusaGSX1300R you have some long long long A** hair!!! I just read about how your hair goes down to your knees and remember seeing a girl walk pass our trailer with hair down to her knees. If I remember right all our mouths hit the ground when you walked by. How do you ride with all that hair?

Did you forget about the harley & gsxr races?

Remember the harley guy lost a $1k over two races?

Damn that harley was fast though!

GSXRboy:
I came up alone. Black shorts Saturday, Red pants Sunday. I was hoping to see a few good street races...no such luck. Maybe next year. Still had a great time. Didn't know who all would be there. Sorry I missed you. I camped in my green Ford Explorer next to some guys from Chicago. It was a lot colder than I expected at night! ...I can make the hair "disappear" if I need to.

Frank - I heard about the race but didn't actually see it, I know he lost twice for $500 a pop.

Remember that white van & copper Busa? I was going to race them with the cord showing in my damn tire (gulp) after they talked sh*t all night. When I confronted them with some cash they packed up and went home.

hayabusaGSX1300R - Hell ya it was cold! I froze on my way back to the track at 4am. If you want to see some good street racing come up to Detroit, MI. On Thursday and Friday night there are usually a couple hundred bikes out on Clay & I75 racing, not talking!

Frank - Of course it was dirty it got trailered all the way to Indy and never got taken off the trailer for a bath or a race!

Hahahaha!

Yea John Noonan from JE pistons even tried to get a race out of them.

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 14 August 2000).]

Cant race it if ya cant start it...we watched them push that thing around for about an hour trying to get it to turn over. Turbo 750 gsxr with some space and the move would have been a spankin!

superbusa - I raced the bike several times at the IDBA St. Louis race and spanked it every time. It runs 9.50-9.60's on motor and dips into the 8's on spray.

Back