Inaugural Busa Stampede / Reno / 2009

Just looked at mapquest. Lets see, go to the end of my street and take a left. Turn right at stop sign and proceed 1.5 miles to I-35 south. Proceed on I-35 south 4 miles then turn right on I-70. Proceed 1586.33 miles to Reno! Yikes! Going to have to think about this one. My mother in law lives in Sac town, perhaps I could do the ride and fly the wife into Sacramento and have her drive in. Hmmmmmm:whistle:

Just looked at mapquest. Lets see, go to the end of my street and take a left. Turn right at stop sign and proceed 1.5 miles to I-35 south. Proceed on I-35 south 4 miles then turn right on I-70. Proceed 1586.33 miles to Reno! Yikes! Going to have to think about this one. My mother in law lives in Sac town, perhaps I could do the ride and fly the wife into Sacramento and have her drive in. Hmmmmmm:whistle:

I like your thinking!

I'll get someone in Reno on it...and get back to you. Good question.

Thanks, too far to ride/tow from TN (I can't be off work that long) but if I could FLY in....that might be an option.

you're gonna bankrupt me scar!!! I started the "Cali in january: Scar style fund" and now I have to start the "Stampede fund". But have no fear, I'll find a way!

I'm thinkin I'm gonna trailer the bike out there so if anyone wants, I have room for 1, possibly 2 more bikes in the trailer if someone wants to road trip it with me from Chicago. This is what i'm going to start planning as of now.

you're gonna bankrupt me scar!!! I started the "Cali in january: Scar style fund" and now I have to start the "Stampede fund". But have no fear, I'll find a way!

I'm thinkin I'm gonna trailer the bike out there so if anyone wants, I have room for 1, possibly 2 more bikes in the trailer if someone wants to road trip it with me from Chicago. This is what i'm going to start planning as of now.

I'm in. We should ride but I will trailer with ya.

I'm in. We should ride but I will trailer with ya.

I don't have all of the goodies like you do (tank bag, etc). I might have the woman with me too and I know for a FACT that she would not ride out. but who knows, maybe we can make other arrangements. I'm gonna start saving now...I REALLY want IN on this!!!We'll talk more about it though Kev.

I'm in class right now, maybe I should pay attention :rofl:

:thumbsup:

julyrenoweather.gif

Scar my friend. I'll try really hard to make this stampede next year. Chuck and I hit up Fernley couple months ago and I actually liked that area, although we weren't in Reno. But judging by some of the roads we had to take to get to Fernley, there are some pretty sweet areas for carving! :beerchug: I already have my calendar marked pending the outcome of the Barber Motorsports Park trip.

Oh...and hopefully meeting up with Ozz, Raydog, Vmax2busa, and Bosshound should be cool. We only got to hang out a little bit at Fernley, but hopefully actually get to do some riding together. :thumbsup:

Oh...and hopefully meeting up with Ozz, Raydog, Vmax2busa, and Bosshound should be cool. We only got to hang out a little bit at Fernley, but hopefully actually get to do some riding together. :thumbsup:

Those guys are awesome, Ryan...as you probably easily surmised from your short visit with them. I've spent a little time with all of them except Vmax2busa, and they're immediately 'kin.'

I hope you can make it, brother. The Stampede will be better for your participation, but War and I realize that decisions are going to have to be made, and we will not see some of our favorite people because of it.

:(

Anyway, there'll be one of these each year... So people can start planning to be not available fo other shizzle when we're busy stampeding.

:laugh:

:beerchug:

this might require some interesting transport fun... how do i get me there & the bike? thats the real trick but if i can find a way, I'm there :beerchug:

Niiiice! Can I tell my non-busa riding Reno-philes about it?

You may indeed tell them.

No elitism here... while this event is primarily geared toward the Busa owner or perspective owner, we certainly wouldn't turn anyone away if they are cool and are on two wheels. :beerchug:

No elitism here... while this event is primarily geared toward the Busa owner or prospective owner, we certainly wouldn't turn anyone away if they are cool and are on two wheels. :beerchug:

Agreed, War...plus EVERYONE's going to know about it, anyway. :laugh:

:whistle:

No elitism here... while this event is primarily geared toward the Busa owner or perspective owner, we certainly wouldn't turn anyone away if they are cool and are on two wheels. :beerchug:

So if I buy a Spyder I can't come????:rofl:

Scar, not sure if you and Warchild have looked in to it or not but, What about trailer parking for those that need to trailer out.

Back