Important things most never think of...

Listed below is a compilation of my thoughts, experiences and riding knowledge aqquired throughout my many years of riding motorcycles...so...I'd like to ask everyone here to please feel free to share your personal first hand thoughts, experience and riding knowledge by adding to this list here as well..as follows..

GENERAL... <snip>
In the spirit of Ed's writeup....
THOUGHT #8 "SAVE TRACK RIDING FOR THE TRACK": Sure, you could go faster, but you never have complete knowledge of the road, terrain, trash, or other traffic on the street. Only on the track will you know what to expect. When street riding, be especially careful riding when there have been heavy rains that can wash sand, gravel, or dirt onto the pavement. Pay extra attention as you approach roadway intersections and driveways where gravel collects. In Autumn, be mindful of falling leaves collecting in the low spots.

THOUGHT #9 "LIVE TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY": All gear, all the time. Ride at 80% of your ability and you'll have 20% reserved for when you need it. Don't let your ego take control of your brain.

Back