im scared right now

I know of a few close friends that had to deal with these tough tests/decisions, and each and every one of them turned out just fine...all will be well and all the worry today will melt away the moment you see your baby.

Keeping my fingers crossed for nothing but good news!!

The human body is so fragile, yet in the same breath so strong and resilient. I know this is eating at you both. Best wishes.

Saying a prayer for good results now Kev.

With the test being Monday c'mon org we need to pool our good will on this one.

Yeah, Melissa is pretty freaked out so Im taking her on a date tomorrow night to try to take her mind off of it..... mine too.

(((hugs))) and prayers. I know this is easier said than done, but worrying will not help or change the outcome. It's not good for Mommy or baby. Put it in God's hands and put your energies into something positive like having a fabulous date night!

May god bless you man....my son was supposed to have complications and 2 extra doctors came in for the delivery....Everything went well...GOD is good.

Make your confession that the baby is fine and stand on it and don't bend an inch. It will be okay man. Prayers sent Bro.

I pray for you and your wife and the lil one. If I believed everything doctors always told me I wouldn't be here today

Dont fall for any of that test bs! I was told by our doc that my daughter was 99% positive for downs from those same tests. She is fine. no downs at all! Those tests are bs and a good source of income for the docs and hospitals. dont believe em buddy.

Those tests are bs and a good source of income for the docs and hospitals.

Completely untrue and not at all helpful. - CVS testing will give a result of >99% accuracy. Even a nuchal translucency scan gives a 75% reliable indication of trisomy 21.

Just because you were lucky doesn't mean that many others will be.

Completely untrue and not at all helpful. - CVS testing will give a result of >99% accuracy. Even a nuchal translucency scan gives a 75% reliable indication of trisomy 21.

Just because you were lucky doesn't mean that many others will be.

Dont get your panties in a bunch! What i was saying is dont make a rash choice from what a doctor says! There are so many stories out there of docs being wrong. Happens all the time. Could be lab mistakes could be any number of errors! Im not trying to dissuade you from testing im saying doctors arent always correct and regardless she or he will be beautiful!!! Not to mention very capable of living a long healthy life if given the chance!

BTW The test could be accurate as hell what it doesn't tell you is how severe the problem is! It could be so slight that you wouldnt ever even know it! Meaning it may be in the genes but never show itself in any other fashion. Lastly this test is for over 200 different problems with pregnancies and the baby. Its not just used for downs. There is a lot of room for error in the lab. If they get any of mommas tissues in there it causes positives. It not to uncommon for the uterus to be full of these cells which cause false negative. All in all charlie keep your hopes and your chin up!!! Prayers for your family and their comfort. Also prayers for the baby and its healthy growth.

Thanks everybody. I'm getting ready to leave work and pick my wife up. Then it's on the way to the docs office.

Ok Charlie, it's been a long day, and you've had your appointment. Good news or bad, we'll be rooting for you both.

Back