im scared right now

:please: Thoughts and prayers heading your way, brother! The waiting will surely be difficult. Know that you are not alone! :please:

I'm not scared of much of anything, but you'd never think how just a little blood test like that could change the entire course of your life, or scare you that much, could you? My wife and I faced some of the same decisions when she was pregnant. We elected not to have the test - didn't matter because no matter what we were gonna love whatever god gave us. We were lucky and she came out pink, loud and in great shape. Focus on the 80% and not the 20%! I wish you both the best of luck!

The Serenity Prayer :please:

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.

P.S. Be positive and strong in front of your wife; no matter how scared you are, doesn't hold a candle to what's going thru her head right now. None of us men can understand that, ever.

Im doing my best to not get upset in front of my wife but this is hard. especially since i have to keep retelling the story as each of our family members call back.

Ãœber-mega-positive mojo flowing your way, brutha!

Try to focus on the positive... easier said than done, obviously.

Look at things this way: your glass isn't half-full, it's 80% full!

Im doing my best to not get upset in front of my wife but this is hard. especially since i have to keep retelling the story as each of our family members call back.

This is the time to show your wife what kind of man she married. Stay strong. Come vent with us when you need to....

skydivr said:
This is the time to show your wife what kind of man she married. Stay strong. Come vent with us when you need to....

Im always strong on the outside... im the family rock, the only one who can handle anything without breaking down...so i used to this but im YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS on the inside.

Im always strong on the outside... im the family rock, the only one who can handle anything without breaking down...so i used to this but im YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS on the inside.

I truly understand. The hour it took for the test results for them to tell us that my daughter didn't have leukemia last year was the longest hour of my life. We are here for you.

skydivr said:
I truly understand. The hour it took for the test results for them to tell us that my daughter didn't have leukemia last year was the longest hour of my life. We are here for you.

Thanks...just being able to talk about it with you guys helps a ton. Thanks everyone.. it really does help.

The outcome of the baby will be the focus, but don't forget your wife. She will need to be reassured that she is still the most important person in your life. Hope everything works out well for you.

Back