im scared right now

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lil charlie, May 15, 2012.

  1. lil charlie

    lil charlie Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    8,302
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    At the doctors with my wife...her 1st trimester blood work, where they check for down syndrome, came back not good. Her ran it again and told my wife and i to come in for more testing....at his office right now waiting for him to come in. I want to puke!
     
  2. GsxrBots

    GsxrBots Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    9,990
    Location:
    'Sconsin....
    You'll be fine man! No worries. Remember those tests are to help out the doctors more than us...

    I've been saying on here for a while, God doesn't give us what we can't handle..

    :please:
     
  3. PandaNin

    PandaNin Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    2,664
    Location:
    American Canyon, CA
    You're not alone, we're all here with you in spirit. Breathe deep, remain calm on the outside and hold your wife. She's going to need your support more than you know. I'm sending best thoughts to both of you.
     
  4. twotonevert

    twotonevert Member of P.E.A. Moderator Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    25,931
    Location:
    Tehachapi CA
    Keep your chin up, prayers coming your way!
     
  5. Ludicrous Speed

    Ludicrous Speed Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    2,501
    Location:
    Southern IL
    Prayers coming your way, brother!
     
  6. card16969

    card16969 Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    2,795
    Location:
    Flint Mi
    just remember follow doctors orders and those tests are wrong very often
     
  7. BlondeOnaBusa

    BlondeOnaBusa Just call me B.O.B Moderator Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    13,253
    Location:
    LA (Lower Alabama)
    I had bad test results with my second child but they were wrong. Prayers that everything will be OK.
     
  8. Blanca BusaLess

    Blanca BusaLess Suffers from PBSD Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    21,043
    Location:
    South Florida
    Praying our bundle of joy will be ok. Be strong Kevin. I'm here.
     
  9. BlueHaya

    BlueHaya I'm outta here!!!! Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    13,306
    Location:
    Texas
    Prayers coming your way. The worry is what gets you...knowing the situation is what you can deal with.
     
  10. captain

    captain Dis in my way! Staff Member Administrator

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    17,688
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    Sir, you know I will pray for peace for you and your wife and the health of your baby...
     
  11. GsxrBots

    GsxrBots Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    9,990
    Location:
    'Sconsin....

    Excellent way to put it!
     
  12. VaBusa

    VaBusa oRg Gal Staff Member Administrator Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    41,365
    Location:
    Along the Chesapeake Bay
    Hang in there Kevin...soooo hard to not worry, I know, but be strong for your wife and please keep us posted. We're all thinking of you both!! :please:
     
  13. SKECHE

    SKECHE Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    2,502
    Location:
    Houma, LA.
    PRAYERS SENT....:thumbsup:
     
  14. busagirl4444

    busagirl4444 HyperActive Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    2,459
    Location:
    where ever I end up!
    :please: sent to you all
     
  15. lil charlie

    lil charlie Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    8,302
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    So here's how the test works and how the doctor put it to us.

    As most people know, the older the mom the higher risk of having a baby with down syndrome. My wife is only 31 and based on that age her risk is relatively low at 1 in 550. The doctors consider you " high risk" if after the blood work comes back you odds are 1 in 307 or lower.

    He also said that he has never once diagnosed a baby as having Down Syndrome based on one of these tests. It is simply a test to calculate your odds based upon certain "markers" in your blood.

    With that, our unborn child, has a 1 in 5 chance of having Down Syndrome. Which are the same odds a woman in her late 60's has. We can have further test that have a 99.999999% accuracy rate and know what were dealing with or we can wait and see. The doctor also said we need to think about keeping or terminating the pregnancy if we do opt for the testing and it comes back positive.

    My wife and i both looked at each other and said we want the test so we are waiting for the doctor to call us back and let us know where and when to go. He has two specialists he uses for this and said he will schedule with the doctor who can get us in the quickest. My wife will need to have an amneosinteist (spelling is jack on that).. where the doctor will stick a needle in her belly and collect a sample of the fluid protecting the baby. They culture the sample and grow the chromosomes so they can count them. That test will tell us with 99.99999% accuracy two things. #1 if the baby has Down Syndrome and #2 the sex of the baby.

    Now we have to wait to find out when we can get it done and then wait two weeks for the results. Its our child and we will have it no matter what... at least we will know what we are up against.

    As of right now here odds are 20% the baby has it, which is super scary, but also means theres a 80% chance its fine. 20% doesnt sound like a large chance but when your normal odds only a small fraction of 1%...20 is a Huge number.
     
  16. GsxrBots

    GsxrBots Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    9,990
    Location:
    'Sconsin....

    Thank you for this Kevin. I'll continue my prayers for you, the Misses and the little "guy" Hang in there.
     
  17. Lurch

    Lurch The milkman cometh!!! Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    3,469
    Location:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Prayers out to you and your wife. Keep strong and hold the faith
     
  18. fallenarch

    fallenarch I made fun of the panties, now I have them :( Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    4,073
    Location:
    Va Beach
    :please::please::please:

    It will work out!
     
  19. GoldenChild

    GoldenChild DID HE REALLY SAY THAT? Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    6,589
    Location:
    Vancouver Wa
    I'll pray for you and your family... Best thing you can do is pray and release your worries into The Lord's Hands...
     
  20. mrsBusawhipped

    mrsBusawhipped No training wheels? Donating Member Registered

    Contests won:
    0
    Messages:
    3,759
    Location:
    St Louis, MO
    Prayers sent for a healthy baby and Mommy!!
     

Share This Page