If you had $1000 to build the most capable Gen2 touring bike, what would you do?

Don't think he will get much change back if he tries to match your setup with a thousand dollars.:laugh:

Unfortunately, no. Although I did get almost all of it used. Corbin seat, helibars, Givi setup, SwMotech rack, all used. They're out there, just have to look around. Still real close to a grand though. But cheaper for me than trading in on a Concours right now.

But cheaper for me than trading in on a Concours right now.

Trading? ??? I thought you were supposed to add to a collection of motorcycles - not only have one at a time. ???

That way would won't have to say - I didn't know what I had until it was gone. :banghead:

I wanted a Concours, sat on one and hated it. Maybe I'm too young to appreciate it.

They changed some things on the 2015 model and it received 5 stars in the review by MCN.

Different strokes for different folks. No harm done. I sure not everyone that sits on a Busa will buy one or consider it again either.

I am a Kawi guy at heart but own everything under the sun. Being 6'4 I just felt unbelievably cramped on it. More so than on a 14R. Not the bikes fault, just wasn't for my ergos.

MRA Touring windscreen... If you pick that up, I'd be very curious about your experience. I've thought about purchasing this, but I wonder if it looks as hideous in person as in pictures. I currently have a stock windscreen that has overstayed it's welcome... :plain:

MRA Touring windscreen... If you pick that up, I'd be very curious about your experience. I've thought about purchasing this, but I wonder if it looks as hideous in person as in pictures. I currently have a stock windscreen that has overstayed it's welcome... :plain:

You get used to the way it looks, and the lack of severe buffeting behind it is great!

Just to update, started buying/collecting parts and then the deal for the bike I was buying fell out from under me. I was very displeased. Needless to say I am scrambling to find something and have it set up by the time spring and prime riding season gets here.

Still planning on getting out west a bit to pick up some parts and sit on mr Flatlandbusa's bike.

Ya, let me know when your gunna be in the area, hopefully I won't be working that day.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Picked up a full matching set of Cortech bags for $150 today. Tank, tail and pair of saddle bags. Very happy with my purchase. I wasn't intending to buy any bags yet but I couldn't pass up that price. Getting more parts collected!

Putting bags and cases on a Busa, is like putting a roof rack on a F16 fighter plane. Just saying. :hide::coffee:

I'm 24... I was reluctant to even give up my liter bikes and move to the big bikes for distance riding.

So,, what is your analogy of a Busa that is used to pull a trailer? :laugh:

It's called bad management skills. :laugh:

Good management skills is when you organize your wife or girlfriend to meet you for a lunch stop and at the hotel at night, with a ramp in the back of your truck and all your luggage. :whistle:

It's called bad management skills. :laugh:

Good management skills is when you organize your wife or girlfriend to meet you for a lunch stop and at the hotel at night, with a ramp in the back of your truck and all your luggage. :whistle:

A huge part of being on the open road is not having a "chaser" vehicle behind you.

Made an offer on a 2011 about two hours away from me. If no one offers more, it'll be mine this weekend!

Back