I really want to turbo this damn thing!

keene757

Registered
After reading and reading and reading i'm almost there but I have no clue how much I'm going to spend in doing so which is the scary part for me...I want it done right the first time and don't want to do the upgrade thing later...I just have no clue what I'm going to need done...I guess once I shut her down for the winter I can sell the Brock's Exhaust and PCV and keep rolling from there...I'm starting a gofundme page I will keep you posted on the link soon! lol:laugh:

Figure $15,000 would be a good starting point. Being that you don't want to upgrade later. So you're looking at a Stage2 turbo kit&building a turbo-specific engine with all supporting mods and having it tuned properly. Yup $15k sounds like a good place to start,could go up substantially if you decide on boost controller(which you will need with 425rwhp),add in an Ultra 1000 plenum cause you will spend thousands of dollars a year on 55g drums of C16 fuel if you want to ride around with more than 275-300rwhp. It sucks having to turn the boost down for pump gas,with the Ultra 1000 plenum you can make 400+ rwhp on pump gas. But now were talking $20,000+ build price.

This is my favorite meme from the movie Wolf On Wall Street

IMG_2961.JPG

$15K is a good start..... plan on doubling that over time tho if you really want to do it right.

$15K is a good start..... plan on doubling that over time tho if you really want to do it right.

Shhhh....I didn't wanna scare him away...but in reality,you are absolutely correct by the time you figure lock up clutch,chain,proper rear tire,aftermarket or stock re-valved shock,etc. A lot of litte stuff that is expensive and add's up very quickly.

Figure $15,000 would be a good starting point. Being that you don't want to upgrade later. So you're looking at a Stage2 turbo kit&building a turbo-specific engine with all supporting mods and having it tuned properly. Yup $15k sounds like a good place to start,could go up substantially if you decide on boost controller(which you will need with 425rwhp),add in an Ultra 1000 plenum cause you will spend thousands of dollars a year on 55g drums of C16 fuel if you want to ride around with more than 275-300rwhp. It sucks having to turn the boost down for pump gas,with the Ultra 1000 plenum you can make 400+ rwhp on pump gas. But now were talking $20,000+ build price.

This is my favorite meme from the movie Wolf On Wall Street

Thanks a lot for the pricing info! The cost of doing things the right way is always more up front but saves you in the end for sure which I have learned!

I just really want a streetable bike as I am not planning to race at the track...I do want to be able to control boost and not blow the motor in the process...Since I am not familiar with the power of turbo on two wheels I plan on starting out conservative and then want to be able to move up!

Shhhh....I didn't wanna scare him away...but in reality,you are absolutely correct by the time you figure lock up clutch,chain,proper rear tire,aftermarket or stock re-valved shock,etc. A lot of litte stuff that is expensive and add's up very quickly.

Didn't scare me...Just numbers for now...Just like anything else you pay for what you get and when I take the plunge i want it done right and thanks for the input! :beerchug:

yea were not breakn ur balls jus telln ya wat our personal experiences are. and yes ur right about it costing more up front to do it right but it definitely saves u money in the long run for sure. id say for about $10-15k u cud get started with a stage II kit.

if u decide to turn up the boost then I wud definitely look into the Ultra plenum as Rob stated to save u money on C16 gas and a well built bottom end. definitely gonna need a good BC and rear shock.

I will have a MTC multistage clutch and an AMS 1000 up for sale shortly if u were interested in savn a little money if ur lookn to do somthn soon. lmk

I just really want a streetable bike as I am not planning to race at the track...I do want to be able to control boost and not blow the motor in the process...Since I am not familiar with the power of turbo on two wheels I plan on starting out conservative and then want to be able to move up!

yea were not breakn ur balls jus telln ya wat our personal experiences are. and yes ur right about it costing more up front to do it right but it definitely saves u money in the long run for sure. id say for about $10-15k u cud get started with a stage II kit.

if u decide to turn up the boost then I wud definitely look into the Ultra plenum as Rob stated to save u money on C16 gas and a well built bottom end. definitely gonna need a good BC and rear shock.

I will have a MTC multistage clutch and an AMS 1000 up for sale shortly if u were interested in savn a little money if ur lookn to do somthn soon. lmk

Ok will do! Let me know when you have them up...Can you send me a couple of quotes for stage 2 build? I will keep the info private...One with the lower end of the way to do stage 2 and not blow anything up and still run fine and also the way you recommend? Thanks

Keene depending on how soon you're planning doing this I have a customer from VA about to bring his bike down for an ultra build. Perhaps you can get with him and split his gas to get it down here if you're not doing the work yourself.

Brett isn't a dealer, he's just trying to steer you in the right direction. Google search and ask around about my shop Boosted cycle performance. You'll see why people don't hesitate to ship their bikes down here to Houston.

But these guys aren't too far off on what they're telling you for pricing. If you like, give me a call in the morning and we can go over a few things and trying and get something concrete that you'll know what to work with.

Last edited:
Ok will do! Let me know when you have them up...Can you send me a couple of quotes for stage 2 build? I will keep the info private...One with the lower end of the way to do stage 2 and not blow anything up and still run fine and also the way you recommend? Thanks

We are building Brett's bike right now, and would be happy to build and tune yours, as well. We have his lockup and AMS, and could ship them directly to you or anybody else that wants them. PM Brett about pricing . . . :laugh:

Keene depending on how soon you're planning doing this I have a customer from VA about to bring his bike down for an ultra build. Perhaps you can get with him and split his gas to get it down here if you're not doing the work yourself.

Brett isn't a dealer, he's just trying to steer you in the right direction. Google search and ask around about my shop Boosted cycle performance. You'll see why people don't hesitate to ship their bikes down here to Houston.

But these guys aren't too far off on what they're telling you for pricing. If you like, give me a call in the morning and we can go over a few things and trying and get something concrete that you'll know what to work with.

Thanks a lot I will definitely keep you in mind...I'm looking to do something after this riding season is over leaning more towards january february...I am leaning towards powerhouse just because I have already done business with them before but I will let you know....everything comes down to pricing as you both seem reputable!

We are building Brett's bike right now, and would be happy to build and tune yours, as well. We have his lockup and AMS, and could ship them directly to you or anybody else that wants them. PM Brett about pricing . . . :laugh:

I already talked to him about the ams and lockup...I'm putting aside money now for everything...so hopefully this doesn't break the bank when pulling the trigger

Thanks a lot I will definitely keep you in mind...I'm looking to do something after this riding season is over leaning more towards january february...I am leaning towards powerhouse just because I have already done business with them before but I will let you know....everything comes down to pricing as you both seem reputable!

Right on. Make sure you search the Internet a bit and see what you can dig up on both of our shops before making a decision. Hope to do business with you soon!

I will put it this way. I am doing my bike build, simply because I cannot afford to have Rob assemble or I would, but I am trailering the bike from Daytona to Houston for him to school me and tune me on it. It sounds insane but since I trust Rob and it is a replica of his BoP daily driver, it only makes sense to drive 14 hours one way and have him tune it. Assuming I can put together the motor and I am certain I can. Another bonus with Rob, which cannot be priced, is that you can shoot him a text/picture of a problem or a question you have, and he will answer you quickly. A good thorough answer, not a certain West Coast FL answer like "bring it to me and I will fix it" with the unspoken and unset $ value of taking me to the cleaners at the same time. Sting me once, shame on you. Sting me twice, shame on me. I don't have to worry about that with Rob.

And I don't think he would need more than a stage II with a street bike that he isn't going to take to the strip. I dunno how you guys can utilize or even put over 300hp to the wheel on the road. Yes my gen 1 brakes suck but how to deal with a situation in a roll on with that kind of power, I cant fathom that. Unless its 3am and I cant stay up that late. Or, its just like the denial that we talked about with the stage 1. "I wont go to the track". Heh. Riiiiigghhhhhhhhtttt.

like anything u get use to the power. I was at 335 whp last season and it hooked up just fine but I was definitely wanting more which is why I upgraded.

And I don't think he would need more than a stage II with a street bike that he isn't going to take to the strip. I dunno how you guys can utilize or even put over 300hp to the wheel on the road. Yes my gen 1 brakes suck but how to deal with a situation in a roll on with that kind of power, I cant fathom that. Unless its 3am and I cant stay up that late. Or, its just like the denial that we talked about with the stage 1. "I wont go to the track". Heh. Riiiiigghhhhhhhhtttt.

You can utilize 300+rwhp on the highway just fine. Just lock the throttle and hold on. Its equally as fun as drag racing;I love the top-end highway pulls where you can really let the boost ramp in and let the turbo do its thang in the upper gears. Cant really utilize 350-400rwhp in 1st or 2nd gear,but you sure can once you're already going 100mph+....get comfy,clear your head,check the road ahead of you,get tucked in and then get some boost:bowdown:
Brett knows what Im talkin about,don't cha?:laugh:

Back