I need your wisdom

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a used bike until the new 08 busa's comes out. I've had bikes since I was 17, I will be driving this bike until I get the busa. My wife will take the used bike. I'm looking for your wisdom on reliabilty. The first bike is a 1998 Suzuki GSXR-600 it's been laid down with slight paint damage 43,000km and he's asking $3,000 can. The second bike is a 1994 Honda CBR600 excellent condition with 48,000km and he's asking $3,900 can. What do you think. Thanks for your input guys.

Way too much for the Honda. Seems a little steep for the Gixxer also, I would see if they will come down on the price.
beerchug.gif

Sounds High, I have been looking for a friend and have seen bikes around $3,000 in great shape here in the states. Might want to check down here.

I would think $2,500 Can for a layed down and damaged 98 (that's a 10 year old) 600cc Bike would be the most I would pay ! Remember, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it and how much do you want to spend to bring it back to like new
rock.gif
? That would determine how much I would pay, because there are alot of 10 old or less 600cc GSXRs out there with NO DAMAGE !  
beerchug.gif

yea is to much i see yesterday at weston super mare a imaculate cbr600f on a 94/95 plate £2000 ono excellent bikes providing they have been well maintained.
if i was you i would keep looking around coz they are out there.
beerchug.gif

hope this helps.

(probusa @ Sep. 09 2007,21:47) yea is to much i see yesterday at weston super mare a imaculate cbr600f on a 94/95 plate £2000 ono excellent bikes providing they have been well maintained.
if i was you i would keep looking around coz they are out there.
beerchug.gif

hope this helps.
Probusa, what are you doing up at what =---6 am over there
rock.gif
? Time for your Breakfast  
jump9.gif

You guys think $2830 USD is steep for a 1998 GSXR600 ??

This is from www.kbb.com , zip code Los Angeles
September 9, 2007
1998 Suzuki GSX-R600 w/Fairing
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $2660 Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. [/Quote]

I'd go with the GSXR becuase it is 4 years newer
wink.gif

Back