Hump mod how to?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Gonna be a new busa owner soon so where can i get a detailed how to on this with good pics? Also, aside from the kickstand mod what other "neccesary" mods should I get done once i take possession of this beautiful machine

Which hump mod are ya referring to?

Cutting it to allow installation while the grab-bar is installed? Or taking advantage of the wasted storage space in the hump?

The base is reversed to show you how much material needed to be grinded away so that the hump would fit with the grab-bar in place.  I finally got around to doing this mod this weekend, as it was raining and I needed to do something on the bike.  I used a dremel tool set at 18,000 rpms with the medium round sandpaper tool.  As the other site stated you need to mark where you're cutting, and then go slow.  I would grind a bit and then check it...then grind a bit more, and check it again.  I finally got it smoothed out and locking.  I left it a bit tight on purpose.

<!--EDIT|MFFJM2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149153038 -->

Hump_Mod1.jpg

That can be the hard part. Mune are aircraft fastners. Any 1/4 turn will work. Check speed shops or the local municipal airport for them. If you have a buddy that is in the military and in the aviation field, they will know what they are and be able to get them. You'll want the smaller ones, I think they are the 2600 series, if I remember correct. PM me if you want more detail.

Back