How to launch a bike?

Discussion in 'Racing Technical' started by nodnil, Jan 3, 2012.

1. nodnil

nodnil Registered

Contests won:
    I want to start racing on the track soon but i dont know how to begin to launch. any tips on launching please and stuff that i should watch out for?

2. Kildore

Kildore Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Ryan
    :welcome: to the .org

The org has a really good search engine. Many of your answers can be found there. What experience do you have riding motorcycles and is this your first bike?

3. Tufbusa

Tufbusa Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    SteveO
    I'm not into drag racing but I'd suspect there are schools you can attend to learn the tricks of the trade, eh? Maybe some of the hard core dragsters will shed some light?

4. nodnil

nodnil Registered

Contests won:
    This is my second bike (2007 hayabusa) my first bike was a 09 Yamaha r6

5. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Registered

Contests won:
    keep ur front tire outta the water box....:laugh:

6. Kcmarine

Kcmarine Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Carlos
  7. BusaCop

BusaCop Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    John
    The best advice anyone ever told me and it worked on the strip and worked on the road race track, it was good for many many hole shots, this also eliminated my first through third power wheelies.
    1. hold the front brake
    2. release the clutch ever so slightly just enough to where you start to load the front down slightly (compress the front forks)
    *the reason for this is so you don't violently shock your clutch basket, chain and suspension and either flip the bike or pull a wheelie from hell
    3. Practice slow and low rpm launches until you feel comfortable with that "grey" area between clutch engaged and clutch disengaged
    4. The clutch and throttle are released and opened simultaneously but the clutch is released slower, the object is to not NOT wheelie,

8. RYC1966

RYC1966 Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    RYAN
  9. Professor

Professor Hayabusa Immortal Staff Member Administrator Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Rick