How to install GIPro w/ATRE on 2005 Busa

c0dblack

Registered
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had an step by step instructions with pictures on how to install a how to install GIPro w/ATRE? I am thinking about buying on but I have not been able to find any picture instructions on how to install it. I am asking because I don't want to make the mistake of shorting anything out.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

It's super easy, plug-n-play. If you buy a new one it has good instructions that will walk you through the process.

Sorry I'm not being more helpful, I don't have pictures of my install. Buy it, you'll love it and it's a 10 minute job to install it. Don't have to remove any fairings.

i had one on my k1 and the instructions that come with the unit are very straight forward. i don't think you will have a problem.

I didnt have any issues either, but I dont have any pics of the install, we did it at the bash. The hardest part is getting the display to the top of your gauge cluster. :laugh:

A simply plug n play, then run your wires up to the gauges.

Buy Now: GIpro GI Pro Gear Indicator Advanced TRE Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

Img_1082_speedohealer_800.jpg

Img_1082_speedohealer_800.jpg

Here you go btw: I actually retyped instructions one time to add to the Buy Now page. We normally have a a few laying around. :laugh:

Img_1122_GI_Pro_Gear_Indicator_500.jpg

----

1. Forward List of Features

Congratulations on your purchase of the GIpro Unit. The GIpro from HealTech Electronics, Ltd. is not only the most advanced gear indicator on the market, but also the best TRE device available for Suzuki Motorcycles.

This product will fit al Suzuki motorcycles with Gear Position Sensor (GPS). Suzuki’s with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) are usually equipped with GPS.

You can also install the unit on recent Suzuki bikes equipped with OEM gear indicator, to take advantage of the Advanced TRE function. Only the GIpro make sit possible to see the selected gear with activated TRE.

The unit comes with Plug-n-Go wiring harness which makes installation quick and easy, eliminating the need to alter the bike's wiring.

2. Warranty

To ensure trouble-free operation from the start, al GIpro units have been extensively tested prior to shipment.
Should you not be entirely satisfied for any reason, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. (All parts must be returned in original condition for full refund)
Furthermore the product is covered by our 2-year replacement guarantee from the date of purchase. (The unit should not be damaged or subjected to over-voltage.)

Please contact us in warranty issues at support@healtech-electronics.com regardless of the place of purchase.

3. Electronic Specifications
- Supply voltage: +9V to +16V
- Reverse polarity and transient protection on all leads
- Supply current in stand-by: 3.6 mA @ 12V
- Maximum supply current: 85 mA @12V

4. List of Features

Fast and Accurate
Instant and accurate indication of selected gear for added control and safety. It's not like competing products that all suffer from lag or incorrect readings.

Quick Installation
Plug-n-Go wiring harness, easy to mount display
Complete installation can be done in about 10 minutes on most Suzuki motorcycles.

Built-in Advanced TRE
Suzuki EFI bikes use different ignition timings in each gear to conform to local regulations for noise and emissions. As a result, ignition timings are retarded in lower gears.

With activated TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) both throttle response and acceleration are improved in gears 1 through 4. Also, the bike's top speed limiter will be disabled on the GSXR1000, GSX1300R, DL1000 and M109R models. (Note: Using a TRE does not add more HP at full throttle.)
Even if TRE is activated, it automatically switches off in Neutral for smooth idle operation.

By the touch of a button on the GIpro, the rider can switch instantly between four modes: Off, 4th Gear Map, 5th Gear Map and 6th Gear Map.
There is visual confirmation of the selected mode.

If a TRE device is installed on a bike equipped with OEM gear indicator, the bike's indicator becomes useless. However, the GIpro will indicate the gear selected regardless whether the built-in TRE is activated or not.

To comply with local regulations, do not activate TRE mode on public roads.

Large, effective display
1 inch, extra bright, housed in a compact box.

Simple, one button operation
All functions can be easily accessed with the button under the display. No need to insert separate 'programming key' or grounding a wire, like on other indicators.

Auto Brightness Control
The brightness of the display varies with the ambient light intensity. The sensitivity of the sensor can be even fine tuned if desired.

Auto Learn Feature
Unit is pre-programmed to fit most Suzuki GSXR bikes and it works out of the box. However, if needed, the unit learns the gear positions automatically. This ensures compatibility with all Suzuki EFI bikes.

Auto Stand-by
This feature makes it possible to connect the power lead directly to the battery terminal. When ignition is turned off, the unit enters into low power mode and consumes 3mA only.

Robust design
- Waterproof design
- Microchip on board, full SMD-design
- Flash memory to store user settings even with the battery disconnected
- In case of connection or power failure, the TRE mode reverts back to Normal operation
- Only inspected, high quality components are built in
- Each unit is extensively test prior to shipping, guaranteed to work

5. How to's

5.1. Activating the display

When the ignition switch is ON, engine switch is in RUN position, and the side-stand is in upright position, the display will indicate the actual gear selected.

5.2. Reviewing and Changing TRE mode

1. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1)
2. Press and release the button
The current TRE mode is displayed (blinking) for 3 seconds. The indication can be one of the following:

- : Normal Mode, TRE is not active
4: 4th Gear Map is emulated when gear box is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for DL1000 and M1800R
5: 5th Gear Map is emulated when gear ox is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for GSXR1000, GSX1300R, GSF1250
6: 6th Gear Map is emulated when gear box is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for other Suzuki models
7: Special mode to bypass 180 km/h top speed limiter
Recommended setting for Suzuki models sold in Japan (e.g. GSX1400)

3.a. If you don't want to change the TRE mode, wait until the display stops blinking (3 seconds). The display goes back to normal operation.

3.b. If you'd like to change the setting press and release the button while the display is blinking. You can cycle through the four TRE mode selected, and the display goes back to normal operation.

Notes - For your own safely, do not review or change TRE mode while riding.
- To comply with local regulations, do not activate TRE mode on public roads.

5.3. Starting the Auto-Learn procedure
If the display does not indicate the gears selected correctly, start the Auto-Learn procedure:

1. If you have a stand, raise the rear wheel of the ground. Otherwise, sit on the bike.
2. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1). Make sure that the side-stand is up and the engine stop switch is in the RUN position. Do not start the engine.
3. Select Neutral.
4. Press the button and keep it depressed until "L" (learning) appears on the display.
5. Release the button. If the gear box is in Neutral, "L" starts blinking and Auto-Learning procedure starts.
6. After a few seconds, the next gear to be learned is blinking on the display (1,2,3,4,5 or 6). Select the gear indicated on the display. In order to change gear with engine off, "L" is blinking while the selected gear is being learned.
Repeat this step until all gears have been learned.
If you'd like to start over the process press the button once then go to step 3.
7. If all six gears have been learned, "U" (Update) is blinking on the display for a few seconds. If you bike has less than 6 gears, press and release the button. The unit saves the new gear positions to Flash memory, then the display goes back to normal operation.

5.4. Resetting the unit
The Reset will clear the following data, and factory defaults with be retored:
- Gear Positions recorded
- TRE mode (default is Normal mode, i.e. TRE off)
- Auto Brightness Control Sensitivity Level (default is 4)

1. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1).

2. Press the button and keep it depressed until "L" (Learning) appears on the display.

3. Press and release the button again to terminate the Auto-Learning procedure. "U" (Update) is blinking on a display for a few seconds. Factory default values have been restored.
Note: The unit retains all settings when the battery is disconnected or removed.

5.5. Checking whether pre-set (default) or custom (teached) Gear Positions are in used.
Disconnect and reconnect the power lead on the battery terminal to restart the unit.
Whenever the unit is powered up, the display indicates either "d" (default) or the number of gears teached (usually 6) for about 1 second, then the actual gear selected will be shown.

5.6. Checking and Adjusting the Sensitivity of the Auto Brightness Controller
The sensitivity can be adjusted in 10 levels, front 0 to 9.
Lever 4 is the default value. Decrease the level if you'd prefer less brightness, and increase the lever if more brightness is desired.
If you decrease the Sensitivity Level in low ambient light, or increase it in strong daylight, you may not notice a difference in display brightness because it may be already at minimum or maximum setting.
If you set the level to 9, the Auto Brightness Controller will be disabled and the brightness will be always at maximum, regardless of the ambient light intensity.

1. Select Neutral and have the ignition key in OFF position. The display is blank.
2. Depress the button then turn the ignition ON.
3. Release the button after about 3 seconds, when "A" (Adjust) is displayed.
4. The current Sensitivity Level is shown on the display (blinking).
5.a. If you don't want to change the Sensitivity Level, wait until the display stops blinking. After 3 seconds, the display goes back to normal operations.
5.b. If you'd like to change the setting, press and release the button while the display is blinking. You can cycle through the values by pressing the button repeatedly.
When the desired Sensitivity Level is blinking on the display, wait for three seconds. The display goes back to normal operation, and he new Sensitivity Level will be in effect.

5.7. Cleaning the display
The LED display is protected by a Plexiglas filter element. Wipe clean it with wet sponge. To avoid scratching the filter, do not clean with a dry cloth. The unit is waterproof; however, avoid spraying high pressure water directly on the display.

Img_1122_GI_Pro_Gear_Indicator_500.jpg

Great info .....I have a similar question....where do you plug and play if you have a Speedohealer and a Gear Indicator? My 99 had no option for additional electronics plug ins.

Also with the Gear Indicator/TRE...how come the ECU doesn't need to be remapped?

I just got mine last week and can't wait to get it installed once I get the Busa out of storage. BTW, does the smaller digital readout on the new model override the main box/readout or do they both display the information?

I was wondering if a power commander would be better than the gear indicator w/tre. If I could expect the same result from the tre, which is cheaper than a power commander, I think that would be better. I only have two brothers slip ons. Every thing else is stock. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

ok being the fun loving great guy i am ....i GOTTA do this :tre: :laugh:

I was wondering if a power commander would be better than the gear indicator w/tre.

A common question. Two different devices designed for two different purposes.

Your power commander is for fuel mapping. The ATRE feature on the GI Pro Gear Indicator is for altering the timing.

Both can be used at the same time and do not conflict with one another.

This was the model i was looking at also because there's no wires to be spliced.. Simple plug and play install..

Hate to wake up a old thread.. But if the GIPRO is so easy to install why did the service advisor at my bike dealer say that he couldn't install mine because he didn't have the right guy..

Hate to wake up a old thread.. But if the GIPRO is so easy to install why did the service advisor at my bike dealer say that he couldn't install mine because he didn't have the right guy..

Because maybe the right guy wasnt there to install it, or knew how. Maybe I dont understand your question.

I think I would stay away from that dealer.

If you can remove your front seat, you can probably do it yourself.
Can't remember if I had my left fairing off at the time too.
Oh well, just saying, try it your self.

my question is if im using an air shifer can which side of the shift solenoid do i plug this in to?
Here you go btw: I actually retyped instructions one time to add to the Buy Now page. We normally have a a few laying around. :laugh:

View attachment 179892

----

1. Forward List of Features

Congratulations on your purchase of the GIpro Unit. The GIpro from HealTech Electronics, Ltd. is not only the most advanced gear indicator on the market, but also the best TRE device available for Suzuki Motorcycles.

This product will fit al Suzuki motorcycles with Gear Position Sensor (GPS). Suzuki’s with Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) are usually equipped with GPS.

You can also install the unit on recent Suzuki bikes equipped with OEM gear indicator, to take advantage of the Advanced TRE function. Only the GIpro make sit possible to see the selected gear with activated TRE.

The unit comes with Plug-n-Go wiring harness which makes installation quick and easy, eliminating the need to alter the bike's wiring.

2. Warranty

To ensure trouble-free operation from the start, al GIpro units have been extensively tested prior to shipment.
Should you not be entirely satisfied for any reason, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. (All parts must be returned in original condition for full refund)
Furthermore the product is covered by our 2-year replacement guarantee from the date of purchase. (The unit should not be damaged or subjected to over-voltage.)

Please contact us in warranty issues at support@healtech-electronics.com regardless of the place of purchase.

3. Electronic Specifications
- Supply voltage: +9V to +16V
- Reverse polarity and transient protection on all leads
- Supply current in stand-by: 3.6 mA @ 12V
- Maximum supply current: 85 mA @12V

4. List of Features

Fast and Accurate
Instant and accurate indication of selected gear for added control and safety. It's not like competing products that all suffer from lag or incorrect readings.

Quick Installation
Plug-n-Go wiring harness, easy to mount display
Complete installation can be done in about 10 minutes on most Suzuki motorcycles.

Built-in Advanced TRE
Suzuki EFI bikes use different ignition timings in each gear to conform to local regulations for noise and emissions. As a result, ignition timings are retarded in lower gears.

With activated TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) both throttle response and acceleration are improved in gears 1 through 4. Also, the bike's top speed limiter will be disabled on the GSXR1000, GSX1300R, DL1000 and M109R models. (Note: Using a TRE does not add more HP at full throttle.)
Even if TRE is activated, it automatically switches off in Neutral for smooth idle operation.

By the touch of a button on the GIpro, the rider can switch instantly between four modes: Off, 4th Gear Map, 5th Gear Map and 6th Gear Map.
There is visual confirmation of the selected mode.

If a TRE device is installed on a bike equipped with OEM gear indicator, the bike's indicator becomes useless. However, the GIpro will indicate the gear selected regardless whether the built-in TRE is activated or not.

To comply with local regulations, do not activate TRE mode on public roads.

Large, effective display
1 inch, extra bright, housed in a compact box.

Simple, one button operation
All functions can be easily accessed with the button under the display. No need to insert separate 'programming key' or grounding a wire, like on other indicators.

Auto Brightness Control
The brightness of the display varies with the ambient light intensity. The sensitivity of the sensor can be even fine tuned if desired.

Auto Learn Feature
Unit is pre-programmed to fit most Suzuki GSXR bikes and it works out of the box. However, if needed, the unit learns the gear positions automatically. This ensures compatibility with all Suzuki EFI bikes.

Auto Stand-by
This feature makes it possible to connect the power lead directly to the battery terminal. When ignition is turned off, the unit enters into low power mode and consumes 3mA only.

Robust design
- Waterproof design
- Microchip on board, full SMD-design
- Flash memory to store user settings even with the battery disconnected
- In case of connection or power failure, the TRE mode reverts back to Normal operation
- Only inspected, high quality components are built in
- Each unit is extensively test prior to shipping, guaranteed to work

5. How to's

5.1. Activating the display

When the ignition switch is ON, engine switch is in RUN position, and the side-stand is in upright position, the display will indicate the actual gear selected.

5.2. Reviewing and Changing TRE mode

1. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1)
2. Press and release the button
The current TRE mode is displayed (blinking) for 3 seconds. The indication can be one of the following:

- : Normal Mode, TRE is not active
4: 4th Gear Map is emulated when gear box is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for DL1000 and M1800R
5: 5th Gear Map is emulated when gear ox is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for GSXR1000, GSX1300R, GSF1250
6: 6th Gear Map is emulated when gear box is not in Neutral
Recommended setting for other Suzuki models
7: Special mode to bypass 180 km/h top speed limiter
Recommended setting for Suzuki models sold in Japan (e.g. GSX1400)

3.a. If you don't want to change the TRE mode, wait until the display stops blinking (3 seconds). The display goes back to normal operation.

3.b. If you'd like to change the setting press and release the button while the display is blinking. You can cycle through the four TRE mode selected, and the display goes back to normal operation.

Notes - For your own safely, do not review or change TRE mode while riding.
- To comply with local regulations, do not activate TRE mode on public roads.

5.3. Starting the Auto-Learn procedure
If the display does not indicate the gears selected correctly, start the Auto-Learn procedure:

1. If you have a stand, raise the rear wheel of the ground. Otherwise, sit on the bike.
2. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1). Make sure that the side-stand is up and the engine stop switch is in the RUN position. Do not start the engine.
3. Select Neutral.
4. Press the button and keep it depressed until "L" (learning) appears on the display.
5. Release the button. If the gear box is in Neutral, "L" starts blinking and Auto-Learning procedure starts.
6. After a few seconds, the next gear to be learned is blinking on the display (1,2,3,4,5 or 6). Select the gear indicated on the display. In order to change gear with engine off, "L" is blinking while the selected gear is being learned.
Repeat this step until all gears have been learned.
If you'd like to start over the process press the button once then go to step 3.
7. If all six gears have been learned, "U" (Update) is blinking on the display for a few seconds. If you bike has less than 6 gears, press and release the button. The unit saves the new gear positions to Flash memory, then the display goes back to normal operation.

5.4. Resetting the unit
The Reset will clear the following data, and factory defaults with be retored:
- Gear Positions recorded
- TRE mode (default is Normal mode, i.e. TRE off)
- Auto Brightness Control Sensitivity Level (default is 4)

1. Activate the display (refer to section 5.1).

2. Press the button and keep it depressed until "L" (Learning) appears on the display.

3. Press and release the button again to terminate the Auto-Learning procedure. "U" (Update) is blinking on a display for a few seconds. Factory default values have been restored.
Note: The unit retains all settings when the battery is disconnected or removed.

5.5. Checking whether pre-set (default) or custom (teached) Gear Positions are in used.
Disconnect and reconnect the power lead on the battery terminal to restart the unit.
Whenever the unit is powered up, the display indicates either "d" (default) or the number of gears teached (usually 6) for about 1 second, then the actual gear selected will be shown.

5.6. Checking and Adjusting the Sensitivity of the Auto Brightness Controller
The sensitivity can be adjusted in 10 levels, front 0 to 9.
Lever 4 is the default value. Decrease the level if you'd prefer less brightness, and increase the lever if more brightness is desired.
If you decrease the Sensitivity Level in low ambient light, or increase it in strong daylight, you may not notice a difference in display brightness because it may be already at minimum or maximum setting.
If you set the level to 9, the Auto Brightness Controller will be disabled and the brightness will be always at maximum, regardless of the ambient light intensity.

1. Select Neutral and have the ignition key in OFF position. The display is blank.
2. Depress the button then turn the ignition ON.
3. Release the button after about 3 seconds, when "A" (Adjust) is displayed.
4. The current Sensitivity Level is shown on the display (blinking).
5.a. If you don't want to change the Sensitivity Level, wait until the display stops blinking. After 3 seconds, the display goes back to normal operations.
5.b. If you'd like to change the setting, press and release the button while the display is blinking. You can cycle through the values by pressing the button repeatedly.
When the desired Sensitivity Level is blinking on the display, wait for three seconds. The display goes back to normal operation, and he new Sensitivity Level will be in effect.

5.7. Cleaning the display
The LED display is protected by a Plexiglas filter element. Wipe clean it with wet sponge. To avoid scratching the filter, do not clean with a dry cloth. The unit is waterproof; however, avoid spraying high pressure water directly on the display.

10 minute install??? ummm... i messed with mine for 3 afternoons after work to make a bracket to fit just right lol :banghead: ... but now I have to ask...

I dont want to run the hotwire directly to the battery, preferring an ignition powered wire... so where, and to what colour wire, does everyone hook up to

Back