How to get out of your Sprint cell phone contract.

haya2005busa

Registered
So, I get this letter the other day saying i went over my data (roaming) on my plan. and if i dont correct the issue then they will terminate my phone service. Well I signed up for there Unlimited Data, Text, and Voice service a year ago. haven't had one issue till now, so i called them up to see what the deal is. well apparently they DO NOT have a truely unlimited data plan. according to them if you are in net work you are allowed 5 gigs and if your out of network you are allowed 300 MB...

300MB REALLY? i signed up for unlimited. i really dont even abuse this either, i used 500MB (out of network) and 400MB (IN network) of data (Slacker Radio mainly). not even 1G of data used total.

SO i called up there wonderful customer service, and they said that its in the contract i signed, that was the amount of Data i get. So i brought up the ever so clever commercial they play like every 15 min, and at all movie theaters stating UNLIMITED data..they said that yea to a certain point (5G) (300MB).
and i was told if i had a problem with it, they would gladly cancel my contract with no cost to me.

SO point of this story other than Sprint customer service SUCKS...is that if you want out of your contract, set your phone to DATA roaming, and enjoy...

Hey, I just signed up for their so called truely unlimited plan. The guy bragged about how all the others allowed only so much data and that Sprint was the only one with no limits. Thanks, I need to look into this.

yea the 5G would be hard to reach data wise, but if your phone goes to roaming the data can get used up pretty quick with music, youtube, internet, games...ect...

Im tempted to test this now. Ive used the hell out of my phone in roaming and never gotten charges. Hmmmm. I have never had a problem with sprint

Im tempted to test this now. Ive used the hell out of my phone in roaming and never gotten charges. Hmmmm. I have never had a problem with sprint

it said i wasn't going to be charged for the usage, but they are now monitoring my Data and if i go over teh 300mb again then they will terminate. their customer service is terrible too, they didn't even try to help me out, or try to explain anything better for me. it was like this is what is going to happen, if you dont like it go somewhere else..

but they said they are starting to watch the DATA more now cuz they are find out they are loosing money with the Roaming. this is the story i am told anyways

My plan is a nationwide plan with no roaming and unlimited data. I've not heard a peep in a number of years about my usage so I'm kinda surprised to hear your account.

I've go AT&T iPhone. I was on vacation in Italy and my dad and taxi driver were arguig over what river we had just crossed. So I whipped out my handy iPhone and hit the map button to pull it up. Took about 3-4 minutes to gather the info. I found out it was the Arno river. Came home and itemized my bill. There was a data roaming charge of $150 dollars on it for only the 3-4 minutes I'd used it? I called and that's wha they sad it cost because I used like 10mb roaming the map for those few minutes. I flipped out! My whole bill for that week in Italy was over 2,000 bucks! After about three hours on the phone and several diff people they lowered it down to about $600 and changed a couple things but that was the last time I ever used it for anything else other than calls.
If you over seas, don't answer the call and it goes to VMAIL then you check the VMAIL you pay roaming fees?!
They get ya!

I hate sprint customer service. I ditched them a few years ago and will never go back. I had a plan like yours set for $99 a month...no matter what I used. Every month I got the bill and it was more than the $99 and I would spend 2 hours getting it straighten out. I even got a bill once for 13k. Stupid jerks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So, I get this letter the other day saying i went over my data (roaming) on my plan. and if i dont correct the issue then they will terminate my phone service. Well I signed up for there Unlimited Data, Text, and Voice service a year ago. haven't had one issue till now, so i called them up to see what the deal is. well apparently they DO NOT have a truely unlimited data plan. according to them if you are in net work you are allowed 5 gigs and if your out of network you are allowed 300 MB...

300MB REALLY? i signed up for unlimited. i really dont even abuse this either, i used 500MB (out of network) and 400MB (IN network) of data (Slacker Radio mainly). not even 1G of data used total.

SO i called up there wonderful customer service, and they said that its in the contract i signed, that was the amount of Data i get. So i brought up the ever so clever commercial they play like every 15 min, and at all movie theaters stating UNLIMITED data..they said that yea to a certain point (5G) (300MB).
and i was told if i had a problem with it, they would gladly cancel my contract with no cost to me.

SO point of this story other than Sprint customer service SUCKS...is that if you want out of your contract, set your phone to DATA roaming, and enjoy...
ALL phone carriers suck. Sprint is no exception.

Hey, I just signed up for their so called truely unlimited plan. The guy bragged about how all the others allowed only so much data and that Sprint was the only one with no limits. Thanks, I need to look into this.

All of the carriers have an unlimited but if you look closely there is a limit in all of the contracts.

Att 5 gig
Sprint
Verizon
Tmobile

There are some instances where people were grandfathered in but that is becoming rare. I am grandfathered on verizon with truly unlimited but they just recently went to a tiered system. Its a scam for sure. Just wait, as media increases and access via smartphones increases the demand will drive phone cost up because the phone companies see a way to make more money.

Verizon is now going to go after the top 5% of their users who use the most data and are going to send them notices that they use too much bandwidth on the full unlimited plans. If you are tagged then they have stated they will then meter and throttle your speed for two months in effect bringing your access to a crawl. After two months you are put back to full speed but subject to being reviewed again...

Cap

awe the heck with it, i am going back to the old string and a cup method:laugh:

my verizon unlimited is really only 5gb but i have gone over that a few times and they have never charged me or asked me to leave.

I have the ATT Unlimited Plan, I am grandfathered in. They have asked me to switch to another plan that will save me $20 a month. I said no. I will pay the extra $20. Now I am getting notices that state I have been moved to a plan that is truly UNLIMITED. I will head to the ATT office and get this cleared up.

I have sprint and on a truly unlimited plan(Yes my contract even states no limit on data, talk, text). Grandfathered in woot lucky me. Been with em over 13 years now not a peep on anything I use. The bill is even correct. They can try to throttle me try to change my data to the "unlimited" and they wont like the outcome.

Heck even to this date they have been trying to get me to change to something else saying ill save money then realize what im paying and be like ummmm... nevermind wanna change anyways?

Sprint unlimited here (grandfathered in) and have only had one issue in all the years i've been with them...one phone call and they immediately took care of it without any questions :beerchug:

Back