How to change the color of you gauges lights...bye orange

Know this thread is old but just did this and wanted to share some info.

1. I got bulbs from lighthouse LED. 1210 smd led here is a link. Order extra they are cheap you will melt a few and might have a few not work.

http://lighthouseleds.com/plcc-2-1210-smd-led-blue-ultra-bright-1000-mcd.html

2. This pic shows the led for the FI light and fuel light. I wouldn't change them if I was doing it all over again different color on those would of been a good idea.

3. I read a lot of people worried about doing this. I wouldn't it's easy I used a $3 soldering iron I bought from harbor freight.

4. Leds only work one way. I was all excited soldered all the new ines. Not thinking of this and had to unsolder then resoldered again. Then I put them all in the same way and did it backwards :banghead:.

But at the end I had a good system.

5. On the board A is power and K side is ground. I used my ohm meter on the open line setting and it would power the led so I made sure one the led worked and I was double checking it was putting in the right way then I could test after it was soldered in by using ohm meter to power it again.

6. The gauge needles pulling them off with spoons worked great. :thumbsup: The other thing I learned it to plug the guages in and let them cycle then slide them back on. I just pushed them in on the start peg and thought it would just start there and I was wrong.

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

Back