How much HP can a bike handle?

drizzit

Registered
Hi Guys,

I will be turboing my bike (08) soon and wanted to know how much HP can the stock bottom end hold. I just dont want to buy pistons and rods unless I have to. Thanks, Jason.

the top end will need work to go 6-7 pounds
it is recommended to run around 4-5 pounds unless you change the valves and springs as they are the week link in the gen 2 busa's

I plan on replacing the valves, valve springs and adding the spacer. I want to make 350HP. Sounds like I will have to build the whole motor.

on the gen 2 if you work the top end you might be good to 350 hp if you keep the tune good and keep the oil good
but it wont last an extremely long time at that level as i am not sure the max of the rods (the gen 1's are good to about 350 but not for extended periods of time)

Gen1 rods are good to 280-300 hp....Gen2's are a bit better, but if you are looking for 350hp...upgrade the rods and pistons :thumbsup:

Gen1 rods are good to 280-300 hp....Gen2's are a bit better, but if you are looking for 350hp...upgrade the rods and pistons :thumbsup:
this ill disagree with
maybe on spray but on a turbo wich is more gentle itll take 350 gen 1 and around the same or maybe a hair more for gen 2's
ive been well over 300 on gen 1's as have many others
on nos though they dont take as much ;)

this ill disagree with
maybe on spray but on a turbo wich is more gentle itll take 350 gen 1 and around the same or maybe a hair more for gen 2's
ive been well over 300 on gen 1's as have many others
on nos though they dont take as much ;)

Sounds good to me :beerchug:

You are the one that has to fix it when it breaks :thumbsup:

Big $$$ if you're wrong :whistle:

Sounds good to me :beerchug:

You are the one that has to fix it when it breaks :thumbsup:

Big $$$ if you're wrong :whistle:
there are alot of people who have done it as well as me
ive been boosted for 4-5 yrs now and know a busa motor inside and out

and as long as the oiling is right there wouldnt be any problems at said HP amounts
go check the amounts at SH.org and see what is the said amount there
cause im not the only one who has said that amount ;)

It all depends on the tune and how hard you are gonna run it...good luck :beerchug:

they could crap out at 250 if the tune is wrong
but im talking if everything is correct and tuned to 11.8:1 it will be good to about 350hp (but not on extended runs or hard long dyno pulls as that will push the limits of the rods for too long a time
but on the street youll not put the full amount of power on pavement)

Back