How many busas fit in my truck? 2002 GMC 2500HD w/ 8' bed.

1SlowBusaKid

Registered
Hey guys, just curious how many busas will fit in my bed. I've got a 2002 GMC 2500HD w/ 8 foot bed. I'll be using wheel chocks with a strap over the front wheel to secure them down.

I'm pretty sure two will fit but when I had one in the middle, it looked really wide.

Also of note - I'm using the Racing 905 race rails and I'll need enough space for two 12' ramps (folded to 6' each).

2 I think tops. Not sure about room for ramps though afterwards. If you find yourself short on space here is an alternative

system can bolt on and off with 4 bolts . Expensive system though but seems to eliminate a lot of headaches and worries from the traditional ramps loading process.

2 I think tops. Not sure about room for ramps though afterwards. If you find yourself short on space here is an alternative

system can bolt on and off with 4 bolts . Expensive system though but seems to eliminate a lot of headaches and worries from the traditional ramps loading process.

Interesting setup! I have a couple of issues with it though.

1) Can I use my wheel chocks with it? It doesn't appear like I can.
2) My truck has an 8" lift and 37" tires. It needs a pretty long ramp system to load/unload bikes without them bottoming out. I don't know if this setup has enough length.

I guess I'll try loading up a couple of them today and see. I haven't installed the chocks yet and I didn't want to bother if two wouldn't fit anyway. I'm pretty sure I've seen two loaded up though, so I'll give it a shot.

Interesting setup! I have a couple of issues with it though.

1) Can I use my wheel chocks with it? It doesn't appear like I can.
2) My truck has an 8" lift and 37" tires. It needs a pretty long ramp system to load/unload bikes without them bottoming out. I don't know if this setup has enough length.

I guess I'll try loading up a couple of them today and see. I haven't installed the chocks yet and I didn't want to bother if two wouldn't fit anyway. I'm pretty sure I've seen two loaded up though, so I'll give it a shot.

I don't think it will it work either cause of the height of your truck. Chock are not a problem can still use chocks with that system.... can always make a bracket for those folding ramps if you don't have room in the bed after the bikes are in it. But it is kinda tight when they are next to each other.

truck rack.gif

maybe a rack system that comes on off, kinda of an eye sore when not needed on the truck. Will you be able to keep your feet planted when loading the bikes. Most bed loading fails are when the person is riding it up or walking it up and can't plant their feet. See youtube "motorcycle loading fail" in a search see what I mean.

truck rack.gif

I saw Uncle Steve do the same thing one time with a sheet of plywood and a pit bull stand :)

image-4133612801.jpg

2 GSXR 750s one with powers stunt works race railz & subcage and a hitch hiker fit in a ram 1500

image-4133612801.jpg

Back