How long does it take you to get your speed up

I raced a tricked out Z06 Corvette last summer and I never saw him after first gear, in his defense his car just would not hook up. his rear end was just all over the road. my top speed so far is 175mph, Michigan roads are probably the worst in the country and dodging pot holes is a little hairy at that speed.

I raced a tricked out Z06 Corvette last summer and I never saw him after first gear, in his defense his car just would not hook up. his rear end was just all over the road. my top speed so far is 175mph, Michigan roads are probably the worst in the country and dodging pot holes is a little hairy at that speed.
Your right I have driven on your roads. You have some good roads, but some of those pot holes people never come out.

I bent a rim on a pothole at 110 mph once. Bike almost threw me. Tank slapped bad. I had to ride home on it too. At 10mph it humped all the way home. That really sucked.

Interesting I have seen a post last night that Speed king (Jon Noonan) had some 20 tooth front sprokets for sale. Hmmmmmm Tha would compute to about 245mph with a 4 tooth back. I think I wil stick with the 18 until i can figure out why the torque is stripping teeth on the front.

Here in Germany on some of the rural highways I have spent the better part of the day between 180- 200 MPH sometimes up to around 220, but I was mentally exhausted afterwards, and then sustained high speeds drastically shortened the life of my drive chain.

accelleration is an afterthought. just go through the gears as quickly as possible then once the ram air starts to develop positve pressure in the airbox ---- hayabusa 1, all others--0.
game over.

rock.gif

<span style='color:royalblue'></span>I have a 2001 Busa. I have a 6" extended swing arm, kept the factory sprocket ratio, and installed the 15% fifth and sixth gear. I have a ton of engine and electrical mod's and the 220 speedo. My question is just how fast will it go in fifth and sixth without having to do extreme alterations everywhere else. Just got in my wet system too so I don't think that power is going to be my biggest problem.
rock.gif

<span style='color:royalblue'></span>I have a 2001 Busa. I have a 6" extended swing arm, kept the factory sprocket ratio, and installed the 15% fifth and sixth gear. I have a ton of engine and electrical mod's and the 220 speedo. My question is just how fast will it go in fifth and sixth without having to do extreme alterations everywhere else. Just got in my wet system too so I  don't think that power is going to be my biggest problem.  
rock.gif
Depends if you eliminated the speed restrictions on the top end? other then that with stock gearing you will see 190's. even with 220hp you will not see much over that.

hey guys i hate to switch again but, the other day i had one of those damned annoying little ford focus things with a coffee can for a muffler try to race me. i usaully don't even give those guys the thrill but i was feeling like some acceleration. so i got to 125mph as fast as i could and when i looked around i realized we were FAST AND CURIOUS. I was fast and he was curious were the hell i went.

hey guys i hate to switch again but, the other day i had one of those damned annoying little ford focus things with a coffee can for a muffler try to race me. i usaully don't even give those guys the thrill but i was feeling like some acceleration. so i got to 125mph as fast as i could and when i looked around i realized we were FAST AND CURIOUS. I was fast and he was curious were the hell i went.
a ford Focus
wow.gif
i hope you feel ashamed?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Have not yet had the pleasure to blow the doors off any cars.
Did get to play with some bikes awhile back XXBlackbird at about a buckfifty..cya....Pure fun...with saddlebags...haha.

had one of these pull up to me saturday. i culd not resist.
12 cyl. 456 M GTA Ferrari

He wanted to play around a little. I only got up to about 160mph with him in my mirror. No road left after that. Nice car though.

Okay, having a little trouble understanding why my Speedo is off, but i think i have a pretty good idea. i just bought my bike, a 1999 busa, the guy told me he had lowered the front sprocket -1, but that's it. on my way home i pulled up next to my Fiance in the car and asked her how fast she was going, she told me 70, my speedo read 100, now would one tooth in the front be enough to make that much of a difference?

Okay, having a little trouble understanding why my Speedo is off, but i think i have a pretty good idea.  i just bought my bike, a 1999 busa, the guy told me he had lowered the front sprocket -1, but that's it.  on my way home i pulled up next to my Fiance in the car and asked her how fast she was going, she told me 70, my speedo read 100, now would one tooth in the front be enough to make that much of a difference?
Because it was off 7.5 percent before the gear change and anothr 7 percent went you went down agear in fron. the rations that are almost dead on are 19/41. Only trouble with that is most bikes can not run them with the HP.

Okay, having a little trouble understanding why my Speedo is off, but i think i have a pretty good idea.  i just bought my bike, a 1999 busa, the guy told me he had lowered the front sprocket -1, but that's it.  on my way home i pulled up next to my Fiance in the car and asked her how fast she was going, she told me 70, my speedo read 100, now would one tooth in the front be enough to make that much of a difference?
Because it was off 7.5 percent before the gear change and anothr 7 percent went you went down agear in fron.  the rations that are almost dead on are 19/41.  Only trouble with that is most bikes can not run them with the HP.
so why was it off by 7.5 % before the front sprocket swap? if i go back to stock, how far off will the Speedometer be?

Back