Hmf exhaust performance

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Although I'm a ways out from upgrading my exhaust, I'm still trying to sort it out in my head which I want. I'm deciding between the BDE/Hindle full system which I believe would give a real kick in the HP pants or...

The HMF dual high rise CF, which nothing (to me) looks better on a Busa, but I don't think would match the performance of the Hindle.

My question is, of you HMF guys...after you installed your exhaust, could you feel the difference (seat o' pants meter) or is the hmf just another pretty face?

Anybody has any dyno numbers that'd be great, but more interested in the feel. Also note, did your exhuast upgrade include a power commander at the same time, that would have to figured into your evaluation.

I was pretty well set on the Hindle, then reading todays posts from BigDiesel and the one about running the 10R, knowing how to really ride you bike...I surmized I personally have a ways to go before I utilize all the power at my disposal as it is. Therefore, an extra 5-10 (hindle over HMF) is kinda like putting extra fudge on the sunday I can't eat all of it anyway. However, I still want a little more than just better sound. Long as my seat o' pants meter goes off a little, I'm good.

Thanks

OOoohh...167...sweet.

Ought to feel that huh?
cool.gif

Seemed to have a little bit extra.
I don't think you will tell a 5-10 HP difference anyways.
Just go with what you like the most and be done with it.

100_0192.JPG

For those of you guys that posted HP/TQ numbers, it would also be nice if you included a list of your other mods. That increase can not be solely attributed to the HMF. Nothing against the HMF at all, it will be on Guinevere soon.

From research that I have done, as I was in the same boat:

- BDE will net a few more ponies than the HMF dual highs
- HMF dual highs can be tough to fit/install
- HMF dual highs have a more unique sound and look killer
- BDE is lighter, and some may argue slightly better quality.

A better comparison would be the hindle vs the 4-2-1 HMF or Big Bird.

Personally I narrowed mine down to the HMF big bird and BDE, and now plan on getting the big bird, for the looks and killer sound.

None of the 3 are bad pipes, however.

Guys those pics of the HMFs are so sweet...you sold me.

Heck if I get to be a cycle God and need and can use more HP, I'll just do engine work (polish heads or big bore kit). The look is just to much to pass up plus it does have a significant HP boost on top.

Thanks...
drooling3.gif

Back