Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hiyo guys

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
yep.. time for something new... old with the old, in with the the new so to speak..

it's not final yet.. I'm this close *holds finger and thumb very close together* to trading (with a little boot money of course) to a 2000 SV650S model. Some SV afficianados may say .. "But EGO! They didn't make the SV-S in 2000!"

and they would be right.. but they did in Canada.. haha.

It's the Canadian version,, before ya go off the handle I've already checked to be sure it's no problem to get it titled and it's no big deal. It has all the emission stuff it needs to be fine everywhere in the country.. excluding Cali.

Why do I want a SV650S canadian version.. thats yellow?

In a word.. Horsepower... in two words... more horsepower!

Plus there is a smidgen of weight savings.. from 384, down to 372 dry wieghs respectively.

The big difference is simple power.. more torque, more horsepower, and higher top speed. 70rwhp opposed to about fifty.

Of course you slow types are scratchin' your heads goin'.. WTF is wrong with EGO,, and WTF is wrong with his 'busa only makin fiddy HP??

The ones a bit quicker on the draw already know I'm talking about the 750 Ducati Monster I picked up early this year. It's a great little bike... just not enough top end. I'll be using it primarily as a track bike and the lack of power, plus higher maintence/repair has turned me against the duc.

Maybe if I went with a 900 monster I would have been a tad happier.. but it just ain't workin' out.

Any of guys interested in buying an SV650S? Whatya figure it's worth?

We've pretty much already made the deal.. just takin' lots of pics so we both know what we are getting. It never hurts to hear somebody else agree with what you think it's worth though.

as stated 2000sv650s canadian version in yellow. 13k aftermarket exhaust, rejetted, gsxr600 rear spring, reworked front springs and some other mods that aren't that big a deal. I'd put it in average condition.. very clean.

opinions?

hehe.. thats an odd figure.. how'd ya figure that up?

why are you getting rid of the busa?
rock.gif

hrmm....no more than $3800.

But it sounds pretty cool to have...I never seen the SV in yellow. And more horsepower and torque never hurts.

Umm, are you sure your going to be happy on a "Wee" Strom 650?

I dunno I've been doing a lot of reading and thinking, and I am kinda leaning towards a V-strom 1000 with some Givi hard bags for the wife and I to bomb around the NW on. I'm thinking it would be alot of fun to take camping and stuff... But, it needs a real Skid PLATE, and some Serious Crash Bars.

Anyhoo, congrats on the V-Strom and keep us posted.

.... nah.. not a vstrom.. the SV650S..

the wee strom is an ok bike for just riding.. actually better than ok.. i think it's around 420 pnds.. 74hp.. nice big, tall.. well same thing as the 1000 minus about 45-50 pnds and some horsepower.

i'm replacing the ducati monster with the sv for trackdays.

wow.gif
I'm a dumb a$$.... My bad Bro, readin gback it's obvious...

As you can tell I get V-strom on the brain...
biggrin.gif

SV650 one the best trackday bikes out there from what I have heard...

biggrin.gif
its obvious whats on yer mind.

ya know we were lookin at wheelbase legnths and the vstrom is like 2 inches longer than the 'busa... just never realized... those thimgs are like ridin on top ofa horse.

Trading your ducati... i thought you were all happy with it
rock.gif

I forsee an SV-650 track bike in the making
rock.gif

Good luck Ego
cool.gif

Trading your ducati... i thought you were all happy with it
rock.gif
Ahh.. the Ducati is a very cool little bike... just doesn't make enough horsepower to really work well as a track bike...

The ground clearance isn't all that great... the exhaust canister touched the last time.. and the rear brake pedal.. which isn't adjustable keeps touching..

Top speed of the Monster.. even after gearing is about 105-110... The more I thought about wannabe racers (like myself) whizzing by at 140+ on the big straights the more nervous I got.. The SV should get up closer to 125-130.. still a touch slow.. but atleast they aren't going to come up on me like I'm a blue hair going 40 down the interstate.

Top Bottom