Highest mileage hayabusa?

mysql

Registered
Who has the highest miles on their hayabusa? I came from the SV forums and several people are over 100,000 miles. Two guys have over 130,000 ..

Just wondering if I should expect similar from a hayabusa.

From what I've read, the 250cc's tend to do 50k miles before needing rebuilds, and the SV (650s) are 100k. So I'm wondering if there's diminishing returns on even larger engines, or if the 1300cc engine can go 200k and beyond.

I did a search and didn't see any high mileage threads.

anyone find it weird that the SV has been around as long as the busa, but the busa's only have half the miles on them? I find the busa much more comfortable than my SV ever was ...

anyone find it weird that the SV has been around as long as the busa, but the busa's only have half the miles on them? I find the busa much more comfortable than my SV ever was ...
Lots of SV's get used for commuting.

Anyway, I've seen a Busa in Australia with 100,000km on it...and it ran perfectly.

I've seen a YouTube video of a CBR600F with 200,000 miles on the clock!
To be honest, I don't think a Suzuki could do that.

Next time my customer is in with his 2004 I'll see if I can snap a pic, Don has got to be over 85,000 by now, and thats in northwest ohio.....You southern riders have us beat on ride time, We up this way already put our bikes up.

I'm over 70,000 miles, including a dozen track day miles. sleepless, bigo and scar have me beat.

You southern riders have us beat on ride time, We up this way already put our bikes up.

I agree. Just this past winter alone, we were hit by two blizzards. There were times when I can't ride for at least a month.

I've heard from people before that I put more miles on my bike than on their cars.LOL

My bike has a little over 76K miles as of today (3 years and 1 month old). I guess it's a lot for a short period of time considering where I live. I just love to ride.....can't help it.:laugh:

I wish I live in a place where it doesn't snow so I can ride all year round.

Sleepless been slacking! should have been 100k this year! :whistle:

You're right about that. I haven't ridden in a couple of weeks now. Tomorrow will be my first ride in 23 days. That's if they don't bring me in.

Last edited:
I searched around and found a guy on another forum claiming to have 150k on his 1999.

Having now seen multiple 100k+ busas, I feel good about the lifespan of the engine. :)

Couldn't tell you my motor seams to find it way out of the frame every winter!

Back