High output charging systems

Discussion in 'Products' started by POWERHOUSE, Jan 21, 2013.

1. POWERHOUSE

POWERHOUSE Frank Site Sponsor Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for that gixerhp . . .MOSFET technology has been around for a few already, obviously. I wanted to get something "plug and play" for both Gens . . . something that would not only hold up on stock stators, but even more so, the high output versions . . . POWERHOUSE has these in stock for the DIY crowd . . .

2. GIXERHP

GIXERHP ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish... Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    JOHN HAYES
    Not a Problem!
    This is a very good Upgrade, for any one running multiple add on's on any Busa!

3. RussellJ

RussellJ Rick Rollin' Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    RJ
    That is a pretty good price....

4. Blanca BusaLess

Blanca BusaLess Suffers from PBSD Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Frank your such the Brainiac :)

Cool part.

5. BusaINthaWinD

BusaINthaWinD Registered

Contests won:
    so how does payment and shipping work? i pay then ship stator or ship stator and pay? i want to upgrade both r/r and stator

6. POWERHOUSE

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    We only need your stator as a core on a Gen 1. Send your core stator to POWERHOUSE with your information and exactly what you want. In your case, you want the high output stator and regulator. Include your daytime contact information, I will call you directly when your order is ready to go and get your cc info.

Anyone looking for the Gen 2 components only needs to call the shop . . . items are in stock at this time and can be shipped out immediately . . .

Thanks

Frank:laugh:

7. BusaINthaWinD

BusaINthaWinD Registered

Contests won:
    ok ill take everything apart and send to you this week. thanks

8. semi

semi Whoooosh! Moderator Donating Member Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Colen
    it's in the mail...thanks :beerchug:

9. FJRobert

FJRobert Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Robert
    Do you have any "Iron Butt" long distance riders using these for a while with heated gear & HID lighting ?

10. POWERHOUSE

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    We have customers using these with heated gear and HID lighting, haven't looked or asked about their butts, though . . . IMHO, the key to any stator working overtime is the MOSFET regulator, which runs cool to the touch. To those who want to eliminate the regulator plug altogether and solder the wires: this is an old mod made popular by Honda Goldwings back in the day. Although I have yet to see a MOSFET-regulator equipped bike even coming close to melting a plug, it is still a good modification and a good way to eliminate any possible resistance that might be related to a plug-style connection, as is dielectric grease . . .

11. FJRobert

FJRobert Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Robert
    Apreciate your response, sounds like an excellent upgrade . I've had over 700+ watts with the FJR & more with the "goldwing"(ugh) so was hoping to get in that range to be able to operate add ons effeciently. A 100w more would certainly be a huge help.

12. FJRobert

FJRobert Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Robert
    Good one, reason I asked is that group will only be running dependable, proven systems. I 100% agree with you. I am hoping to hear what the big players have to say as well as the casual riders. Doing large amounts of miles at a time with major power draw is the type of testing I was referring to.

13. FlatlandBusa

FlatlandBusa Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    John
    I just got back from a ride and aimed an infrared thermometer at the stock regulator,, 133°F!!! on a 70°F evening. 63°F temp rise = not good. This was with an electrical load 3 amps over stock.

I'm going to be calling powerhouse next week for one of the mosfet rectifiers, I don't think I need a stator since I have 14.0 volts with everything on when over 1800 rpm.

Also if the mosfet regulator is much cooler than stock wouldn't that make more watts available to charge the battery? over the hot stock regulator?