High compression, big motor guys, check this out!

Had the pleasure of experimenting a bit on a customers bike. While I didn't build the engine for the guy, he first brought the bike to me for a transmission, and a tune.

While I can't get in to specifics of exact HP, and engine size due to him being a grudge racer, he did allow me to share a little info about the bike.

It's over 1500cc's, and 14.5:1 compression. Originally I tuned the bike on C16, and it did well. However he was still looking for more power without nitrous, or turbo, we opted to try it on e85.

We used Ignite brand E85 from the can, upgraded to 60lb injectors as it was maxing out the s2k injectors already. Then converted it to an external pump, returning style system with an areomotive regulator, and Rcc billet rail, and tuned via ecu editor.

We were pleasantly surprised to find out it gained 12whp and 3ft/lbs of torque! That's a 7% increase with just a fuel change. (essentially) I was also surprised to find out that after peak torque, it liked a fatter afr then expected, and was happy with stock timing values which was also surprising. It lost 5 hp if I added, or took away 2 degrees.

Here's the video...

So in conclusion, if you have a bike that has enough compression to command the use of race fuel, and you're looking to pick up some extra power, I highly suggest it. PLUS the added extra bonus is ignite e85 is $7.50 a gallon, vs $19 a gallon for C16. So you can make more power and save some money!
Hey I've seen that bike looks awesome!!!! Lol

Back