HID problem...

Veloz

Registered
I just got my HID kit,and is all finish the instalation but

the lights kep blincking and on and off,ineed help.Thanks

<!--EDIT|Veloz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120645641 -->

Is the engine running normally?

+ Is it blinking erratically, by itself; or do you need to move the bike to make it happen?

ok..

so you're starting the bike (engine running) and it's blinking on + off....

(it shouldn't blink if you turn the bike to "ON" but don't start the engine, either...)

best guess: double check your wiring for correct connections + eliminate any possibilites for potential shorts, or..

the ballast may be bad. Discharge lamps like HIDS don't "dim" when voltage gets low - it either has enough power to ignite the lamp or it doesn't. What Rhythm mentioned was correct - if your battery is low or there's some other problem with your bike's electrical system, that could cause the light to blink. If the bike is functioning normally otherwise (it starts, the hi-beam has full power, the turning signals work, etc...), I'd check the wiring first...

also - you might have pinched some wires / connectors when putting the front cowling back on.

last ditch: put the old halogen back in + connect it to the original wires (NOT THE HID BALLAST!!!) - if it works normally, I'd suspect the ballast.

ok..

so you're starting the bike (engine running) and it's blinking on + off....

(it shouldn't blink if you turn the bike to "ON" but don't start the engine, either...)

best guess:  double check your wiring for correct connections + eliminate any possibilites for potential shorts, or..

the ballast may be bad.  Discharge lamps like HIDS don't "dim" when voltage gets low - it either has enough power to ignite the lamp or it doesn't.  What Rhythm mentioned was correct - if your battery is low or there's some other problem with your bike's electrical system, that could cause the light to blink.  If the bike is functioning normally otherwise (it starts, the hi-beam has full power, the turning signals work, etc...), I'd check the wiring first...

also - you might have pinched some wires / connectors when putting the front cowling back on.

last ditch: put the old halogen back in + connect it to the original wires (NOT THE HID BALLAST!!!) - if it works normally, I'd suspect the ballast.
Ok, thanks,i ll let you know...

ACTUALLY..............

First start the bike and see if it blinks. Turn the throttle some (3000 rpm area) and see if it still flickers. If so the problem is more than likely in the bulb itself. (loosing gas).

Ive seen it happen before. Most often the problem is not enuff current to keep the ballast lighting the bulb so the ballast is trying to "RELIGHT" the light causing the flicker. Where are you drawing the power from? Also what type of unit.

See what I can do to help guide you.

If still flickers then you will need to remove the unit. POP THE CAR HOOD. and hook it up on a more stonger 12v source. If it works fine right off the car battery then it's your bike not delivering enuff current to the ballast.

this will also be evident of the same problem if you turn the throttle and it quits flickering.

Solution: if it's current delivery and your getting power from the stock headlight wiring then go from the actual battery to a relay and use the headlight wiring to trigger the relay. Should solve the problem if turning on the bike and throttling up eliminates the problem while debugging.

JD

Back