Help!

flyboy

Registered
Just got my set of bike stands from Redline Engineering. I'm not sure how to use them so I need some one to explain how to. Don't want to drop it on the first try. Also, what do I need for the front to lift the bike. The rear has swing arm spools, but the front doesn't have anything. All the front bike stand has is a couple of screws protruding from each side of the stand about 1/2"
rock.gif

OK. I'm going to assume that you have a rear stand intended for use with swing arm spools. So let's start with it.

With the bike parked and on its side stand, stand near the rear-left of the bike. Hold the rear stand by its handle and faced with its arms towards the front of the bike. Carefully place the stand's fingers around the spools on the swingarm and hold them there from the handle. (You might have to lean down and use both hands to do this) Because of the lean of the bike, it might look like the stand is cockeyed, it will look straight once the bike is upright.

Once the rear stand is seated around the spools, carefully push the bike upright with your left hand on the rear grab rail. As the bike goes upright, keep forward pressure on the stand to keep it seated around the spools. Eventually you'll be able to set the wheels of the stand flat on the ground. Be certain that the fingers on the stand are still fully engaged in the spools. Now you can begin putting downward pressure on the handle of the rear stand. Doing this will lever the rear wheel off the ground. Push it down flat and you are done.

Now on to the front stand. I think you are describing a twin arm front stand, intended to fit under the ends of the front shocks. This will work a lot like the rear stand. Only put the bike up on the front stand once it is already up on the rear stand!

Position the nubs on the ends of the arms of the front stand into the holes on the base of each shock. (Depending on the brand of front stand, you might have to make some adjustments to the stand to get it to line up with the shocks) These holes are under the front axle with some allen screws near their edges. Then lever the front wheel off the ground by pushing the handle of the stand downward.

Back