Help with headlight problem on mustang

The only true fix is to get a chevy.:poke: Some one had to say it

Hahaha. I actually agree, but Ford doesn't think as much of its vehicles as Chevy does, i.e. the Ford cost less. I wanted a WS.6 but at the time the 98's were goin for about 15,000 and the mustang was 9000, which actually ended up as a straight trade with 5 year 100,000 mile from purchase date warrenty. I had looked at one earlier that day, so I had some fighting power. :laugh:

Hahaha. I actually agree, but Ford doesn't think as much of its vehicles as Chevy does, i.e. the Ford cost less. I wanted a WS.6 but at the time the 98's were goin for about 15,000 and the mustang was 9000, which actually ended up as a straight trade with 5 year 100,000 mile from purchase date warrenty. I had looked at one earlier that day, so I had some fighting power. :laugh:

I actually agree I have a 1998 GMC sonoma with 117,000 miles. Never had a single problem. All I have had to to do is change the oil.

Thanks for all your help. Those diagrams will defiantly help. Im looking at shop oem service manuals online right now. I bought a haynes manual but its a pos.

I actually agree I have a 1998 GMC sonoma with 117,000 miles. Never had a single problem. All I have had to to do is change the oil.

Thanks for all your help. Those diagrams will defiantly help. Im looking at shop oem service manuals online right now. I bought a haynes manual but its a pos.

Yea, I checked the diagram in my haynes manual, but I wanted a second oppinion on the lack of a relay. I couldn't remember if mine had one and I don't have a sticker on the cap, or the owner's manual, so I used mitchel on-demand which is an online service manual for all makes and models. That's what we used at the shop I use to work at for everything that wasn't GM. If it's not fixed by this weekend let me know. I MIGHT be able to take a look at it with you. I've got a few tests next week that I need to study for, so I don't know if I'll have time, but let me know.

Yea, I checked the diagram in my haynes manual, but I wanted a second oppinion on the lack of a relay. I couldn't remember if mine had one and I don't have a sticker on the cap, or the owner's manual, so I used mitchel on-demand which is an online service manual for all makes and models. That's what we used at the shop I use to work at for everything that wasn't GM. If it's not fixed by this weekend let me know. I MIGHT be able to take a look at it with you. I've got a few tests next week that I need to study for, so I don't know if I'll have time, but let me know.

Thanks for the offer man! I doubt I will get a chance to really go over it until Saturday. I will defiantly take you up on your offer though if I don't have any luck.

How hard is it to replace the turn signal switch? Some people here at work are telling me that the entire steering column has to be taken off with a special tool. Do you know if thats true?

Thanks for the offer man! I doubt I will get a chance to really go over it until Saturday. I will defiantly take you up on your offer though if I don't have any luck.

How hard is it to replace the turn signal switch? Some people here at work are telling me that the entire steering column has to be taken off with a special tool. Do you know if thats true?

Ummm, I doubt the whole steering column has to come out, but it may need a good bit of dissassembly. Let me get in touch with a friend of mine that I use to work with. If I remember correctly he's replaced quite a few. I'll get back to you shortly.

According to the service manual, all that's required is removing the lock cylender and upper and lower column covers. Remove 2 screws, dissconnect harness and remove switch. My friend said he's got 2 different types of those switches he'll let me borrow to test with, but if it's an intermitent thing it'll be hard to test. . .

Yeah thats what im afraid of. They were working all day today. As long as there working its going to make it difficult.

Yes it will. . . I hate trying to diagnose intermitent stuff. The best is when someone brings a car in and says, "yea, so I was drivin along about 3 weeks ago I heard this noise. What was it?"

Back