Help with cams!!

drew.brantley

Registered
I just got my reenlistment bonus and have a little money to spend on my baby. I'm trying to find info on cams and whether or not they would be a decent addon for little while. I dont want to go turbo right now (maybe in a year or two) and I already have a nxexpress 40 shot. Done all the usual things. I had a set of hot cams on a 750 and liked the sound but I really don't know anything about them. Can anyone shed some light on busa cams?

Yosh Stage 1's will net you 10-14 hp webs,or go dual intake cams for about a 7 hp gain...Web and brock cams work too.

Ping JC --- off topic abit-- did i lose some low end T. when i did the small air box mod??
And how does this look to you ??  
blush.gif

BTW -- i did this run at 5000'

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139243182 -->

DCP_3596.JPG

thanks guys ill see if i can get a set from sh.org. another question, how much trouble would it be to install them? ive worked on car motors before but never had a frame to get in the way.

Thanks JC --- PCII used came with a map installed in OHIO --- where he claimed over 167 RW
Small airbox mod and a full Muzzy Ti pipe ---- It does run VERY well indeed ---- I live at 5000' but do get to sea level so i guess it's a compromise on mapping for me or have 2 maps .......Hmm Yosh cams
wow.gif

Thanks JC ---  PCII used came with a map installed in OHIO --- where he claimed over 167 RW
Small airbox mod and a full Muzzy Ti pipe ---- It does run VERY well indeed ---- I live at 5000' but do get to sea level so i guess it's a compromise on mapping for me or have 2 maps .......Hmm Yosh cams  
wow.gif
bikes ecu will adjust for altitdue but the 100% part of the map is too rich, you have to remember that a PC2 fools the air temp sensor to add and subtract fuel @ full throttle. so you have to keep in mind if you have maxed out the sensor or not.

Ok so can i adjust the fuel range settings on the pc II a bit leaner and have a win win by using the buttons on the PCII? all across the board--- OH so technical
rock.gif
Ps i do ALL my own maintenence
So what you said-- if i lean it out ---the ecu will compensat for altitude--- sounds good.
Just food for thought--- I rode 104 miles in 05 -----5 -10 over -- then a wfo 156 blast then abit later 166 gps speed---- 1.9 gallons --- i don't get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.gif
THANKS for the info.

I have no clue what you just said but if you use the buttons the only button you will change is the high (that is all the graph is showing) and I would lean it out 3 bars

Back