Help! Turn Signal Problem, Hi Beam Blinks Instead Of Turn Signal.

ok I have an 2000 and took to shop and guy put 2005 harness on. runs great. but the issues with head light and turn signs come in from there. if I order a headlight harness for the 05 will that fix any ideas.

I noticed on the 05 harness it has the pass switch. but on my 05 harness there is no orange wire . will it work I found the part number on the harness and then cross referenced on bike bandit a 36610-24f90 shows to be and 05. the headlight issue is the last thing on the list and I am back to running. . I have used meter and test light and thought it could be a simple repin job. I was wrong.

Ok update sounds very dumb but however changing out the kill and start side or right side was the issue . Changed both sides but only when I changed the right side out did it fix problem . With Test light I am getting voltage to the head light but I think I may have to ground them. Doing that tomorrow and will update . The blinkers are fine and now have hazard lights also. Hope this helps in the future.

ok guys anyone know what pin in the main harness that powers the head light . the yellow with the white stripe has no power . across the fuse box or at pins. the head light switches are working but there is no power on the wire . after this I will be up and running.

I changed from 2000 to 2005 harness . everything matched up after the swap but I had to change out both handle bar switches . and the head lights is the only thing not working now.

20170623_193112.jpg
20170623_193112.jpg

Yeah I had the same problem. With the right blinker staying on and not blinking. And no headlights and high beam blinking. I had taken my seat off to remove my battery to charge. And I guess my dog got bored and decided to chew on my wiring harness. I have 03 Busa and bought a 06 one off Ebay. That all connections matched and hooked up. But I had that problem with the lights not working correctly. And trying to check and go over everything. But I wasn't able to figure it out. Was about ready to give up and take it to the dealership and pay for them to try to fix it for me. Until I ready this article. So I guess it does matter what year wiring harness you get and have the same year switches to match. Thank God this saved me a lot of money I'm sure. So I switch out the right side switches. And that was the problem. Just like the article said. Now everything works just fine like it supposes too. I also did the left side too. Because I bought some chrome ones off Ebay. So I made a up grade and got 4 way flasher. That I didn't have and my bike working right. I did hookup the right side first to confirm that was the problem. So I hope this will be helpful for someone else whose maybe having this problem. It was for me.

man, i am having the same exact issue with the bike i bought. what was the end result? i dont have any type of wiring diagram for my bike

The switches were not from the same bike variant, so that one of the switches was for a bike with a passing light, whereas another switch was from a bike without one.

I have some pictures somewhere. If i can find them today, I will post them.

If you trace your black (ground) wire cluster and your teal wire cluster (i think some kind of illumination? it was generally a +12V) you will find that each of them has a 4th wire that isn't supposed to be tapped into it. I think one turn signal lamp was grounded which causes it to stay dark and also fucks with the relay timing, and the other turn signal lamp was tied to some positive voltage which causes it to be lit but not blink .

I had to identify the wires that shouldn't be connected to the cluster and then I cut them out. Part one of the fix is to eliminate the strange behavior by cutting the wires out. Part 2 is to restore the behavior that was missing (turn signal) by patching the 2 newly cut wires back together somehow... This part I forgot.

Get yourself a wiring diagram. Even with this it will be a little confusing.

I remember that the way I implemented part 2 was to re-route a couple of the wires coming out of one of the switch connectors, looping it back to another pin instead of going somewhere on the switch.

Once you have a wiring diagram, look at the colors of the wires on both sides of the switch connectors to see what model variant you have, and how the discrepancies might cause strange behavior.

Sorry I couldn't describe this in greater detail. It has been almost 2 years since I did this, and I only have a couple uncommented photographs to remind me of what I did.

20161203_102505.jpg

20161203_102658.jpg

20161203_073544.jpg

thank you very much, anything helps right now. ive been fighting this problem for about a year on and off now.

the guy i bought the bike from didnt give me all these details of the bads, i had to find out on my own. so to continue on the subject- how do you determine the pinouts on the connectors? and how do you determine which harness the bike requires? my bike does not have hazards or passing light switch. i called the dealer and they gave me the part numbers for the right and left handle switches and the ignition switch. i bought all 3 and installed them. in the beginning the bike wouldnt ride right, popping and bucking under throttle, i took it to a local bike shop and they said it needed a pcm, something i already knew and had ordered so i take it to them, they install it and call me and tell me my bike was ready, i paid the bill and go to drive it home it felt a little better now because it was firing on all cylinders now but i still had the bucking on the snap of the throttle. The following weekend i decided to open it up, i found that they stripped out one of my plug holes. Man was i dissappointed, i finally found a spot that does engine repair. 1600 dollars later i was able to pick up my bike and ride it home. that was the best feeling i can can think of. So far im 6000 dollars into this bike. all i need now is my lights and blinkers to work and ill save up for some new skins.

Back