Help tank pad removal

tracy321

Registered
What is the best way to remove a tank pad from the bike w/out messing up the paint. That adhesive seems tough. I can't even get it started and hate to pull too hard.........Any tricks?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

I used a heat gun (or a hair dryer). Just make sure you don't apply to much heat to bubble the paint but enough to soften the adhesive. There are several chemicals you can use to remove the sticky goo left behind, ie goo be gone. Just remember whatever you use to remove the stuff left behind will also remove and wax (protective coating)...

Sorry no pictures...

Hair dryer/heat gun like "Powers" said and you might need to use fishing line. After you heat up the adhesive, you can pull fishing line slowly back and forth under the pad to work it free.

yup Goo Gone will work really good. Fresh coat of wax after and you have a winner
beerchug.gif

nice and easy with the dyrer. not too hot or you'll burn the paint. reeaal careful with a heat gun!

(Powers739 @ Feb. 15 2007,16:01) I used a heat gun (or a hair dryer). Just make sure you don't apply to much heat to bubble the paint but enough to soften the adhesive. There are several chemicals you can use to remove the sticky goo left behind, ie goo be gone. Just remember whatever you use to remove the stuff left behind will also remove and wax (protective coating)...

Sorry no pictures...
What you mean no pics...
poke.gif

Back