Ok just a little info on mods first.

09 busa
Two Brothers 4-2-1
BMC race filter
Marble Mod
PCV
3800 miles on the clock.

ok now for the problems!
Went for a 150 mile ride Sunday no problems at all.
Went for a ride Monday still no problems until after about 50 miles of riding I needed to gas up. So stop at gas station fill up. Now going down the road crack the go button and motor at around 8000rpm feels like it's hitting the rev limiter in any gear.
So I go home pull the tank and filter. Nothing!
Pull PCV off still - Nothing!
Took for a ride today still doing it.

I'm lost on what it could be. Bike idle's fine, rev's fine when not under a load.
When riding it pulls like normal until I hit 8000rmp then it spits and sputters. Will even backfire out of the exhaust if I hold it there, with lose of power just like the rev limter.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I had a similar problem at the track when I tried a PC. Took the PC off and the problem went away for me. Have you had anything else changed on the bike? ECU flash, etc.?

I had a similar problem at the track when I tried a PC. Took the PC off and the problem went away for me. Have you had anything else changed on the bike? ECU flash, etc.?

No Ecu work other than the PC! I have other mods but they are all non motor related. Lights and levers that kind of stuff.

if you have a IR temp gauge make sure all four echaust pipes at the head read close to the same temp at idle.

u have to update the pcv about 3 times to take the update. the first update is looking for drivers, the second update gets the install ready, and the 3 finnaly updates the pcv.

like blanca said prolly bad gas, use some seafoam in her...

Ok I pulled the PC again, Refueled the bike, and checked the header pipe temps- this is where I am lost when checking the exhaust temps in two inner pipes are reading hot. The outer two pipes are reading 230-240 the inner two are reading 270-320 I had all fairiing in place while testing. IDK if the temp difference is heat build up or they are just running hot? But after checking all connections removeing the PC the motor is cutting out in the upper Rpm's.

Back