Help me out brotheren especially gsx1300r

How is your turbo tune coming along?

Eh, backseat to the broken nose on the bike from the trailer mishap. Thank goodness I can paint. Bought a used nose, and still have some of my color mix and clear. I think it was running ok and I still haven't linked up with Walter Sprout but my traction was so bad that night I told you I was going to the track that I actually ran a 7.7 1/8th mile going through the flag still sideways. So mad I couldn't see straight. I didn't abort the pass because I was so mad. 8 psi on my stealth tire. I was rev limiter 10 feet off the line, 15 feet off the line and in 4th gear within 3 seconds and still hadn't gone anywhere. I went back to the pit and the bike guys all had shinko hook ups. Said its the only tire works at that track so I got one and an MT slick both mounted on wheels on the trailer and ready to throw on the bike. Fugg the dumbshiz. When I go back, going to need to be careful. I think I will do some passes at 80% before I start dropping that MTC and going WOT as soon as past wheelie clutch point (20ft I hope, we will see). On another note, on the way to the track, some kid on a gen 2, it was biketoberfest in my town, on I95 must not have noted the dump pipes. I was at 9k in 6th at one point, hadn't seen him for 15 seconds or so. Kind of expected that gen 2 to do better than he did, roll on at 60mph. No idea what my mph was but logs said I was only at 4 psi of boost at 9k and 100%TPS if that map sensor is accurate. No boost leaks that I can find. I think its time to see Walter and get this tune unfugged. I can autotune with the woolich but WOT with a turbo is not what I want to make a mistake with. Im not that worried, I can always go super fat to be safe but I can learn stuff from Walter. I have a TAFR map that might work I just want to see what he says about it.

Do i need to do that for a 30 shot though?

30hp,no...40hp,up to you....50hp&more,yes.

Look,some people have sprayed a progressive 100hp wet shot shot and have had zero issues. Others have sprayed a 40hp hit and spit shims and destroyed pistons/valves/rod/crank.

Id rather be safe then sorry,everyone is different so just talk to the experts and make a educated decision. Give Dan at MPS a call,Kevin has had very good customer service/support from them.

Too many opinions will make your choice confusing. a 30 or 40 shot done correctly and you will be fine. Shoot me a PM

Too many opinions will make your choice confusing. a 30 or 40 shot done correctly and you will be fine. Shoot me a PM
Will do and thanks. An yes you are right. Oldgixxer, i hear you loud and clear and your probly right its just i view this small shot as a temporary boost until i am prepared for a big motor that can handle a big shot or a turbo. Paying to have the motor or heads pulled apart would kind of defeat the purpose imo

Back