Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Buying a 2005 Busa

Lucky34

Registered
Ok, here's the thing. There's a VERY high chance that I'll be buying a 2005 Busa tomorrow.
and here's the question:
How much should I expect to pay for it?
What did you guys pay for your bikes when you bought them? Initial price? Out the door price?
Any feedback would be VERY much appreciated... I want to be well informed when I talk to the dealership.
umnik.gif

By the way, I am in South Flordia. I have asked in a few dealers (most of them didn't want to give me a price unless I was buying from them RIGHT THEN AND THERE...)
One dealer said $10,200 (before everything)
and another said that with $10,800 I could walk out the door with the bike.

Please let me know what you guys think I should expect to pay, what would be a good deal, and what would be a bad deal.
Thanks!!!

This is kind of a tough regional question. Generally, you will pay more at begininng of model year.....you are at the end of the season, which would go in your favor (or are you? Florida=year round?) You should expect to pay a little over dealer invoice. In August of 03', I bought mine for $9760 which was about $600 over dealer invoice and made the dealer give me a extended warranty at his cost. But, this is in Arkansas. I don't know how Florida dealers deal. Revlis would be the one to answer this....if nothing else, always know what dealer invoice is and deal up from there....make them show you the invoice. Good luck, I was so emotionally bound to mine I think I would have paid more if I had too....

New year model bike purchase at the end of a current riding season???Your guess is as good as any...If you were buying the current year I'm sure you would get a hellofa deal cause their trying to get rid of the left overs...I would say you can expect to pay top dollar...Of course the $10.8K sounds like it's the better of the two deals you've discussed thus far...What's the tax rate and license cost...

I'd say 10,800 OUT THE DOOR (tax, registration, fees, etc....) would be a decent deal in my book. YMMV....

I got my 04 for 9699.00, 250.00 factory freight, 20.00 documentation fee 6.00 inspection fee, tax 8.125 in NY=808.00, Out the door was 10,633.36

$10.8 OTD sounds like a great price for a new '05.

Thanks a lot guys... I too think that $10,800 out the door for a BRAND new 2005 is a decent deal.
I've been looking at dealers from Fort Lauderdale, up to Lake Worth, in South Florida.
As for the riding seasons, Florida is kind off year round riding... but if something, I would say that winter would be the beggining of the riding season cause the weather is sooo nice
cool.gif

Also, does the dealership HAVE to show you the invoice price if you ask them? or can they just laugh in your face?
rock.gif

Because when I was asking about they're lowest prices, they just had this "Is this guy serious???" look in their face... Kinda wierd to me... they led me to believe that the ONLY way they even TELL you what it costs is if you're ready to pay them right there..... I personally take offense to that....

Top Bottom