HELP!!!! Blowing a lot of Oil Filter Seals

I'm an hour north of NYC in Dutchess County NY. Spent all day taking every oil line and plug off the motor , blew everything out with air including the oil cooler. Checked the crankcase vent and hose going to air filter. Checked all the oil galleries for pluggage or goop, found no problems what so ever. Reinstalled the factory filter at the factory spec (spun filter till it touched then two full turns) went on easier this time then previously for some reason. Started bike right up and had no leakage or blowouts and let it run for an hour or so, ran perfect:thumbsup:. When I spun the old filter off it came off a lot easier the it went on (less torque to take off), this makes me think the filter deformed and stretched out. I'm going to retighten the filter when the bike cools down now that I have ran the bike and let it go threw a heat cycle and reved it up to 8000 a couple times to see what happens, So far everything is cool :please:
I'll see what happens tomorrow. Wish me luck

I wouldn't tighten it any more.
If there's no leaks now it should be fine.
Oil filters don't need to be torqued down with a wrench, hand tight is ok.:thumbsup:

Hand tight, plus at least a turn!
I have had hand tight loosen on me!
I wouldn't tighten it any more.
If there's no leaks now it should be fine.
Oil filters don't need to be torqued down with a wrench, hand tight is ok.:thumbsup:

Checked the filter!! Took up on (tightened) it like it was barely hand tight, This was after doing the 2 full turns before running it for an hour. Something stretched or relaxed filter wise. It's tight now. I'll run it again tomorrow for a while and hopefully it will not blow out.
I was able to put the o ring gasket right back into the old filter, almost looks like I could reuse it, I WON'T.

The filter has metal threads. The bike has a threaded metal stem.
Nothing could have 'stretched or relaxed'.

Filters do not become looser after a 'heat cycle'. I changed more of them earlier in life than I want to remember. If its tight from first get go its gonna be good to go for good.'

Just to clarify. Where are you getting your filter from? What kind is it? And are we absolutely sure it is the correct one for a hayabusa?

And one more thing.....

:worthless:

Got it straight from the Suzuki dealer. Ive tried a bunch of different filters, OEM works the best and K&N SUX!!!!
I got all kind of pics, its just a pain to post for me. Maybe I'll try and post them straight off my droid and see if it works.

good job gixxerhp,

i have to ask if mechanical oil pressure gauge could be either teed in where the oil sending unit is, or in place of. put a new filter, start it and watch your gauge. if it spikes crazy... pull the pan. change the relief valve.

man... theres an old saying... one test is worth a thousand expert opinions! but... the downside is you have to know what you are testing for.:laugh:

pics of the problem...pics!

I'm going to install a manual cam chain tensioner. So you have me thinking I could replace the stock tensioner oil line and fitting with a oil PSI gauge.

Post a bigger pic of your bike up, I like the colors in your avatar

KAWASAKI GREEN:moon:
Still gotta paint the tank and stretch it!!!!!:laugh:
Blurry pics:

IMG_20111126_102251.jpg

IMG_20111126_130834.jpg

Back