Help battery going dead pretty fast

jeepinocala

Registered
when battery is connected I hear the front gage cluster turn on? Is this normal I have alot hooked up to my bike and never noticed the battery going dead because I always leave it on the trickle charger but left it off and it took just a few days to go dead maybe 3 days but this cant be normal? I do remember when the battery is connected the front gage cluster makes a noise for a second like it was just turned on? nothing I added is doing this since it is all on a seperate switch that I had turned off. Any help would be great.

new maybe tree months it is not the battery I did have it checked and I have the expensive stock one bought from suzuki.

If your battery is fine, then it's one of two things. You have too many things hooked up and your stator can't recharge it quick enough. Or, you have a drain somewhere. Re check all of your accessories and there wiring.

I know it is a drain I fully charged the battery off the baike then hooked it up and herd the front gage cluster make a sound like it was turned on and three days later it was dead. I really believe something is turning on the gage cluster maybe computer? I am just not sure.

when battery is connected I hear the front gage cluster turn on? Is this normal I have alot hooked up to my bike and never noticed the battery going dead because I always leave it on the trickle charger but left it off and it took just a few days to go dead maybe 3 days but this cant be normal? I do remember when the battery is connected the front gage cluster makes a noise for a second like it was just turned on? nothing I added is doing this since it is all on a seperate switch that I had turned off. Any help would be great.

I'm pretty sure that it's normal for the gauge cluster to cycle when the battery is connected, so I wouldn't worry about that.
I think you should be looking for a power drain of some sort. Do you have anything directly connected to the battery, i.e. a gear indicator?
If no, perhaps it is cold weather that is killing your battery. Do you leave your bike parked outside in winter, or in a freezing garage? - Those things'll flatten your battery in no time.

You have too many things hooked up and your stator can't recharge it quick enough.

What sixpack said ... If you're running a bunch of gadgets and drawing more volts than the stator is generating then you'll always have a low battery. Most gadgets that require a continuous hot connection draw very low voltage, just enough to power memory or internal clocks, and would take weeks to kill the battery.

What gadgets are you running?

You said everything you're running is on a seperate switch that is turned off. I'm not being a smartass, but just because the switch is off doesn't elimanate that as a problem.
Try disconnecting everything you've added a see if it persists.
If you post what accessories you have and how you have them connected, it will help narrow down the cause. Like whether or not you have too much connected improperly.

Ok I think you figured it out I just realized not everything is on a switch I forgot about the pc3 I will go back over it one more time. thanks

If the battery goes dead with the key off then the rectifier has a bad diode. The Power Commander is not powered until the igniton system is activated. Disconnect the battery...if it goes dead the battery is bad...if it doesn't have a mechanic check the rectifier. If the rectifier checks good then something aftermarket is wired hot.

If the battery goes dead with the key off then the rectifier has a bad diode. The Power Commander is not powered until the igniton system is activated. Disconnect the battery...if it goes dead the battery is bad...if it doesn't have a mechanic check the rectifier. If the rectifier checks good then something aftermarket is wired hot.

This is the info I was looking for I hope thanks I will have it checked.

Yeah just disconnect the battery for 3 days see if it starts then...

I hope you figure it out soon. Having issues with the bike is never any fun :poke:

No it definitely isnt. Mine wouldnt even turn over the other day because of a loose wire, kinda finnicky but easy to troubleshoot. Just invest in a good multimeter...

No it is not a wire issue it is going dead after time works fine if I ride it every day it is just when I skip a few days that it is dead if not left on the battery tender.

You can diagnose the rectifier with multimter and the service manual. Most likely whoever checks it will need it as diff values between diff wires. My rectifier was bad but it didn't cause it to discharge. it's easy to check takes more time to read the manual than to test it
Posted via Mobile Device

Back