helmet GB? vendors?

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
just an idea, I'll admit it, I'm in the market for a new helmet. It's been a while since there has been a GB for a top of the line helmet. how about a GB on a Shoei X-11? I know helmet city out of florida has regular price of $498. and free shipping/ no tax if not from florida. anyone up for a group buy? vendors?

Group Buys for helmets are tough, with all the different Models, designs and sizes, it could be a nightmare for the coordinator.

Mr Anderson - you are in luck. After much preparation, I'm starting a GB on AGV Helmets on Saturday 3/10/07 till end of March '07. I will post here presuming it's okay. To make it a bit more interesting and to make my life a little more exciting, I've thrown in Shoei, HJC, Suomy, Nolan & AFX into the pot.

If you want something other than AGV- tell me the exact model you want (there are zillions of colors/combinations), INCLUDE: Best price found so far, LINK: to the exact brand / model / supplier, spare shield required??, and I will get you the GB Price.

Email is best - pashnit33 at yahoo.com. Can also call me 530-391-1356 to let me know what you want. -Tim

Just food for thought. I get my Shoe RF-1000's brand new in box off ebay for 235 as opposed to 425 at the dealerships.

In regards to the Shoei X11?....After trying one (side-by-side with HJC's Carbon) on at the local stealership i just had to have an X11...until i saw the pricetag...teetering right on $700...prolly more after tax...60 miles north of me i found one at a stealership for $560...Then i called "The Helmet Shop" in Daytona...$498...total cost..shipped to my door...Chris Vermulen TC-5 Graphics...arrived in 2 days...

shoei1.jpg

shoei2.jpg

shoei3.jpg

and i love it...extremely windslick..very lightweight...but just a tad loud for all day long superslab touring (if ya don't wear earplugs)...but no whistles....no buffeting...gobs of ventilation...and the X11 is the only helmet out there where they make seperate shell sizes for each and every size helmet...in other words...if ya order a medium?...you get a medium size shell..and if ya order a size "L"?...you get a size "L" shell...not a XL size shell that covers all three...like some do..but if i was going to be budget conscious and/or pick up a 2nd helmet?...geared more towards all day ST'ing?...i wouldn't get an RF1000...I'd go with a Shoei TZR...it's a heck of a lid for the money..outside of that?...I've been keeping my eyes on "SHARKS" RSR....it appears the Shark has an opening that's located a tad higher and more inline with the eyes of a tightly tucked rider...not certain on that but i'm gonna check it out this weekend in Daytona...at Bike Week.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I just got a deal on my Shoei X-11 from one of the board sponsors (Jester0769)...
beerchug.gif
Not sure about getting a GB going on the Shoei lids; need a board sponsor to chime in
smile.gif

sm_shoei2.jpg

jinkster, that's the helmet I was looking at getting, and I goofed it was the helmet shop that had that price, same deal as you got, when I called over the phone. $498 total to my door and 30 extra for a dark tint visor.

Pashnit, the helmet I want is the Shoei x-11 Vermulen2 TC-5 with a spare dark tint visor. their price was $30 for the extra visors. so total out the door price was 528 shipped, can you beat the price above? shipping wouldn't have to be 2 day, not in a rush.

Back