Hello....

Scousertim

Registered
Well it's been a few months but finally found a busa.....and I'm wondering how many uk guys are on here...?
Just bought a 2008 in black and orange lovely.....

Any hints on the best way to get it on its paddock stand...? It's the stand with pads for the swinging arm not the hook type...dead scared ill drop her first attempt......???

I'm in the U.S, but there's quite a few UK guys here.
I used to use my rear stand like you have.
It's a bit akward but it works.
I put the pads under the swingarm, start to push down until the kickstand side makes contact, then hold the grab bar on the bike(makes it easier if you have it on), then push down hard on the stand as it straightens the bike upright. Continue through the motion until it's on the stand.
Depending on the stand it may want to touch the pipes for a moment while you begin lifting the bike too.
How strong you are also makes a difference, as you're balancing the bike one handed by the rear grab bar.
An extra set of hands the first time you lift it would be a good idea. Just so you get a feel for it without the risk of dropping the bike.
Welcome to the org:thumbsup:

Cheers matey.....had the older busa and used the cotton reels with hooks tended to be a bit more stable as you lifted but we'll see how we go....what do think of the gen11.. I don't actually collect it until Saturday so really looking forward to it.

Cheers matey.....had the older busa and used the cotton reels with hooks tended to be a bit more stable as you lifted but we'll see how we go....what do think of the gen11.. I don't actually collect it until Saturday so really looking forward to it.

I love the gen2! I've had mine for 2 1/2 years without any problems.
I never owned a gen1, but a couple of my friends did and I rode them quite a bit.
The gen2 has more power, better brakes, and a dependable transmission.
I've done alot to make mine more comfortable for me personally, but of all the bikes I've owned and ridden the gen2 Busa is the best "does it all" bike. Great power, handling, and comfort...even with my wife on the back.
I'm just not comfortable on a 1000cc for any more than 10 or 15 minutes anymore, then I start to hurt.
I love my Busa:thumbsup:

Glad the wife likes it, I wanted a gixxer1000 again but there was no way she would go on the back, she got really hacked off with the one I had, even went to a pan European but I couldn't put up with that slug, so back to a busa great also under I think....and BALLISTIC......ACE..

Hi scousertim and :welcome: from Preston Lancs, maybe not 30 miles from ya:thumbsup:

As above re the Gen 2 you will love it. :bowdown:

If you want it to steer quicker a bit more like you Gixxer Thou, stick some Maxton dog bones on it, 110mm hole centres.

Good Luck with the new bike when it lands :beerchug:

Best regards Stretch :)

Hi scousertim and :welcome: from Preston Lancs, maybe not 30 miles from ya:thumbsup:

As above re the Gen 2 you will love it. :bowdown:

If you want it to steer quicker a bit more like you Gixxer Thou, stick some Maxton dog bones on it, 110mm hole centres.

Good Luck with the new bike when it lands :beerchug:

Best regards Stretch :)

Thanks stretch, have to have a blast to devils bridge one Sunday.. What are dog bones.... . And don't say "pieces of animal with no flesh on".....ha ha

:welcome: aboard!
You will love the GenII, dog bones (links) is the name of the part you need to raise or drop the height of the rear, its by the suspension.

Thanks stretch, have to have a blast to devils bridge one Sunday.. What are dog bones.... . And don't say "pieces of animal with no flesh on".....ha ha

:welcome: aboard!
You will love the GenII, dog bones (links) is the name of the part you need to raise or drop the height of the rear, its by the suspension.

Hi, as Hayabusa4life says, the 110mm hole centre lifts the rear suspension to quicken the steering.

Best regards Stretch
PS will meet up at the Barn or Bridge as soon as weather gets better!!
PSS I'll be the one with the big yellow flower button hole!

Back