Hello from Calgary!

Sideshow Bob here...

Just purchased a used 2008 Suzi B-King. Sorry no pics as it is still at the shop....while they wait for parts for recall repair.

Also, can all of you please pray to the weather gods and send some warm weather my way? Never seems to stop snowing here.

I currently own a 2008 Honda ST1300 and average 10 - 25,000kms a year on that.

Always wanted a B-king and found a used one in absolutely MINT condition with only 6000kms.

Lookin' forward to learning new things on this site and hope to meet some of you out on the road.

Ride safe all!

SSB_B-King

Thanks all;

Should have her by next Saturday! .....and please, please, puhleez don't BAN ME!

Now can anyone do anything about the DAMN SNOW?

SSB_BK

I had a B-King, they are great bikes.
They need and airbox mod, the exhaust midpipe valve opened, and the ecu flashed to an unrestricted Busa bin file.
That makes it a different bike, well worth doing, more aggressive and responsive.
Welcome to the .

Welcome. I can't wait to get my bike on the road this year. I now have the Sixpack reflash. Going to swap the two brothers pipes for a Yosh TRC. I may try to disable the set valve while I have the exhaust off. It's in the 30's here today.

Welcome. I can't wait to get my bike on the road this year. I now have the Sixpack reflash. Going to swap the two brothers pipes for a Yosh TRC. I may try to disable the set valve while I have the exhaust off. It's in the 30's here today.

Very easy to disconnect the valve.
Turn the bracket by hand on the midpipe that the cables connect to and remove each cable, they slip right out.
Follow the cables back to the servo. It's under the seat. You will have to raise the tank to be able to get your hands on it.
2 bolts hold it on, and simply unplug it. With the Busa flash you will not get an FI light.
With the cables disconnected the spring on the valve will hold it in it's most open position.
Somewhere on SuzukiB-king.org there is a key cycle sequence too.
Turning the key to different positions in a certain order will make the servo and cables open the valve fully and leave it there.(*Edit* I forgot that the key sequence won't work with the Busa bin file, sorry. You'll have to remove the cables. You can probably remove the cables from the servo with just the side covers removed too. It does no harm to leave the servo in there and connected).
You will first also need to remove the 3 visible allen heads on the chrome cover plate on the midpipe.
They tend to extremely tight, and this has be confirmed by many B-King owners. They are very easy to strip the hex out.
Run the bike and get the exhaust hot first and they'll come right out. Then you can see where the cables connect.
If you have access to a tig welder or good machine shop, just remove the valve all together, as it does obstruct the exhaust flow, even completely open. The shaft the butterfly is on is sawed through and it will all drop out. That leaves you with a small hole on one side of the midpipe. Tig it shut, grind it smooth, done.:beerchug:

OK gang;

For all you nay-sayers and ne'er-do-wells, feast your eyes on these photos of my new B-King.

6030 kilometers
Zard Exhaust
Fender Eliminator Kit
Frame Sliders
Rizoma Mirrors
Pazzo Levers

Now I have to find some soft luggage so I can start taking trips!

SSB_B-KING

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

did you buy that from blackfoot motosports? Not a whole lot of b-kings on the west coast of canada

yeah, lucked out. 2008 with only 6000kms on it. Beautiful bike. Finally had a chance to take for a short spin last night.....started out in "b" mode....then switched to "a" mode.....awesome!!!!!!

Ssb_bk

yeah, lucked out. 2008 with only 6000kms on it. Beautiful bike. Finally had a chance to take for a short spin last night.....started out in "b" mode....then switched to "a" mode.....awesome!!!!!!

Ssb_bk

If you think A mode is awesome, do the changes in post#9, night and day, much quicker.
The Zards are the best looking B-King mufflers out there too.
Great looking bike.

Now I am looking for advice on a tank bag and soft saddle bags. The SW Motech/Bags Connection with the quick lock system for the tank bag seems pretty nice? Saddle bags might be a bit of a tougher issue because of the fender elimination kit. Any suggestions?

SSB_BK

Back