Helibars Risers

SidneyCarton

Registered
I’ve bought the Helibars risers but I’ve had difficulty tightening the four bolts supplied. Instructions say to hand tighten then torque to 32 ft-lb. I’ve been tightening the bolts with a socket but they never seem to tighten, even after removal and realignment of the parts. Has anyone done this and figured how to tighten these? Thanks much.

Although it’s not the same product I installed the Moto CNC riser the other day. I had no issues.

Please do not think I’m being sarcastic- did you verify that the lengths of the bolts are adequate to fully seat in the threads? Another member here reported that they had the incorrect bolt length sent when they got their risers.
Also, I would check to make sure that the threads seats correctly with the riser off – just to verify that you were given the correct size and pitch.

So my son and I installed this riser. Make sure it's fully pushed in...it almost "clicks" when it's deep enough to hit the threads/tighten. A little goofy, but I've been running it for a few weeks and it's worked out like a champ. Getting a torque wrench in there to tighten down was a bit of a fun time.

Was the juice worth the squeeze? Was this mod worth the dough, noticeable benefits, or jury's still out?
IMHO worth every penny. I had them on my 2001 as well. It relieved a lot of the pressure that I was getting on my wrist and neck when ripping down the California freeways. I’m 6’ 3”, so as stock this cockpit is a bit cramped.
Although my 22 still has 0 miles… I can feel a major difference well just sitting on the bike in the garage. Once I put on the drop pegs it will be perfect, as the last one was.

Back