Heli-bar install...few questions

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Going with the heli-bar risers. I have read the online instructions and everything is straight forward. The only part that concerns me is the left grip removal.

Will the grip slide off with a little rubing alcohol as stated? Should I order a left grip just in case? What do you folks use to re-install the grip?

Don't mean to sound stupid here but just want your feed back on the subject. Any tips from owners who did this mod will be appreciated.

Thank you.

hogger...

Greetings,

Going with the heli-bar risers. I have read the online instructions and everything is straight forward. The only part that concerns me is the left grip removal.

Will the grip slide off with a little rubing alcohol as stated? Should I order a left grip just in case? What do you folks use to re-install the grip?

Don't mean to sound stupid here but just want your feed back on the subject. Any tips from owners who did this mod will be appreciated.

Thank you.

hogger...
My grip came off with some effort, but they are inexpensive, so I would prolly have one on stand by. Otherwise yeah the install was dead simple.

I didnt have too much of a problem with the grips. Just use a small screw driver to lift up the end and put some alcohol under it. Then twist it, it will take a few shots of alcohol, but it comes off nice and easy. I used a 5 ml syringe to get the alcohol under the grip. It made it real easy, but you will still spill alot.

When putting it back on, coat the inside of the grip with alcohol and slide it up with a twisting motion.

A little alcohol, and if you have an air compressor, push the tip of an air gun under the end of the grip, hit the air and wiggle the grip back and forth while pulling it off. Same for install. Its pretty slick. I've done it many times and have never trashed a grip. I usually don't even use alcohol, and on the install, use a little soapy water. Once dry I normally don't even have to use adhesive.

Just put them on myself and it was easy.
Just alcohol and a small flat blade screwdriver was all it took.
I just coated the inside of the grip with alcohol and slipped it back on
and let it dry.
Nothing to it.

As for putting the grip back on, "old biker trick" Spray a little hairspray in the grip.  when it dries the grip is stuck on!!  Aqua Net works best!!!  No foolin!
cool.gif

As for putting the grip back on, "old biker trick" Spray a little hairspray in the grip.  when it dries the grip is stuck on!!  Aqua Net works best!!!  No foolin!
cool.gif
I just bought new gel grips made it easier
tounge.gif
. But did use the hair spray to put it bakc on worked great. Don't forget to reroute your fast idle circuit.

Back