Healtech quickshifter help

Klutch556

Registered
ok boys, i got this healtech quick shifter and....
it's fuggin dope! lol
2nd thru 6th shifts smooth as a babys butt.
But i want it to be even better. any of you guys runnin one that has tuned it?
I know about as much about tuning this thing as i know about installing them and that's about as much as the pope knows about a titty bar.

ok boys, i got this healtech quick shifter and....
it's fuggin dope! lol
2nd thru 6th shifts smooth as a babys butt.
But i want it to be even better. any of you guys runnin one that has tuned it?
I know about as much about tuning this thing as i know about installing them and that's about as much as the pope knows about a titty bar.
Don't know anything about tuning them but I know that's the one I want. Got any pics of the install and finished setup?? And be sure to post up anything u learn about fine tuning it :thumbsup:

As said above . Many bikes like 50 to 55 for the 1 to 2 shift . After 1 / 2 shift 3 through the rest can end a little faster in the 40's but you have to play with it . @Dennis probably knows what the bird likes on a track .

Don't know anything about tuning them but I know that's the one I want. Got any pics of the install and finished setup?? And be sure to post up anything u learn about fine tuning it :thumbsup:

dont have any pics of the install but it was pretty simple. Pull the seat, raise the tank and remove the air box. Then just unplug an replug poop an route then wire around the frame.

8BBDE3D3-349A-4750-BAFA-65F6739E36F6.jpeg

9C6C660C-0775-4906-8D66-F77D0AA3B47B.jpeg

Does it work in GP shift ? Or up ,and down shifts?
Doesn't really work for clutchless downshifts. You would need a blipper for that and I don't believe the Healtech is currently blipper capable. If you think you're fast enough to blip before the kill time ends, you can try. No thanks for me.

I have a ZX-14 friend and his Healtech selected 85 mls in auto mode. He recently set his up manually and he is using a 30 mls cutoff delay with 75 mls for the lower rpm shifts going to 55 mls for the faster rpms.

My HM Plus shifter doesn't have shiftkill delay and is not programmable/gear or rpm. I use 90 mls and it works across the board. I will try 85 mls kill time. I get a bit of a tug as the ignition comes back on at high rpm and that is telling me the killtime could be shorter. I know 60 mls is WAY too brief for the high rpm shifts on my ZX-14 although it works well up to about 6000 rpm. Even my ZX-14 buddy has 85 mls with his high rpm shifts when you add in the cutoff delay.

I would suggest starting with lengthy kill times and work down to briefer ones. If you miss gears and it slams back down under load or backtorque, it's etremely rough on the gear box. You will find chunks in your oil. I did and I think it's gear dog slivers.

Use adaptive mode on your Healtech and that should provide a good refference point for manual settings. I think the busa gearbox might tolerate faster shifts than the ZX-14. I would not assume that to be the case though. Those high rpm slamdowns are brutal as hell. If you get stuck in false Neutral, grab the clutch lever and just stop wherever you are. It's darn near impossible you will ever match speeds after bouncing off the rev limiter, hesitating for a second while the rpm drops to idle speed and then trying to blip to the correct engine speed to shift back into gear smoothly. Just do your bike a favor and stop to shift in. One guy said it might smoothly shift up or down out of false Neutral on it's own if you coast with the clutch lever pulled.

If you want me to post pics of my ZX-14 buddy's Healtech settings, let me know.

Does it work in GP shift ? Or up ,and down shifts?
I’m not sure about downshifts... but they say to install the sensor in a different location for up and down and directly on the rod for just up.
i didn’t want to mess with downshifts, but the instructions mentioned it... so maybe?

Reactions: c10
I’m not sure about downshifts... but they say to install the sensor in a different location for up and down and directly on the rod for just up.
i didn’t want to mess with downshifts, but the instructions mentioned it... so maybe?

A video from a few years back said no clutchless downshifts. Today they might be working on a blipper to accommodate that. I think you could use any blipper, all the Healtech does is cut ignition but if it can be set to sense both up and down movement of the pedal rather either up or down, downshifts should work with an auto blip. HM makes an Blipper.

Wouldn't an auto blipper be cool though? I think I have to have this as much as it's not needed to rapidly drop three gears on the busa especially with a +5 T rear sprocket.

There's a video on the HM site and this guy is blipping them down a lot quicker, ying5,ying4,ying3,YING2, yIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnn.

Only reason I ask about up / down shift is if it works on down shifts they work in a GP shift as the push / pull is different from each other . Some shift assists products are only for standard shift pattern .
I do my own blipping of the throttle quiet well . people assume its my bike doing it on its own like many newer cars can do it ( hell cat / mustang , vette )

Only reason I ask about up / down shift is if it works on down shifts they work in a GP shift as the push / pull is different from each other . Some shift assists products are only for standard shift pattern .
I do my own blipping of the throttle quiet well . people assume its my bike doing it on its own like many newer cars can do it ( hell cat / mustang , vette )
Ah, yea the sensor can register up or down. It’s small, like diameter of a nickel and about 1/4” thick. There is no wrong way to install it, it can read from either side.

Back