Headlight attached w/o upper fairing?

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Recently had an accident. I have the upper fairing coming sometime this week. I just received my new headlight today and need to get it on.

I remember seeing a pic on here with someones bike with the upper fairing but the light was still attached. By tonight I need to have it installed so I am asking for suggestions as to where to mount it up because I looked and it seems pretty difficult. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Are you asking how to mount the headlight? If that's the case, simply remove the nose fairing and the 4 screws that hold the headlight in. Remove the high and low beam bulbs (and any HID you may have) and place in the new headlight. Place the new headlight in the nose fairing and attach the 4 screws.

(BigBSBusa @ Oct. 30 2006,09:10) Are you asking how to mount the headlight?  If that's the case, simply remove the nose fairing and the 4 screws that hold the headlight in.  Remove the high and low beam bulbs (and any HID you may have) and place in the new headlight.  Place the new headlight in the nose fairing and attach the 4 screws.
Thanks for posting but I know how to mount it with the nose plastic, but for now I need to mount the light without the nose plastic for a few days.

I saw those same pics . I'm pretty sure that the only way to do it is with a home built frame to support the light assembly .

Build (bend and cut to shape) some brackets out of perforated metal strips or drill some solid stainless strip to match the hole diameter.
Use the mounting point for the fairing stay bracket on the frame to mount the lower bracket. You'll need to buy some nylock fasteners to secure everything. While you are at the hardware store grab some black tie wraps to cinch down the harness.
This method aims to mount the lamp housing in a stationary position similar to how it would mount while in the fairing. Others have fabbed up fork mounts using metal straps and rubber insulators.

well thanks for your post Projekt! Great info right there. I myself am not too keen on fabbing lol. But I got her done. I got at it before you posted and used my brain. By design of the headlight and fairing stay, the method I used worked perfectly so far.

I took pics with my phone to show how easy it was.

Headlight.jpg

here is the last pic. It is sturdy and secure. The bottom ties apply pressure pulling the light down as I had the top ties raise the headlight up a bit. Holds the housing in a way as forcing the too 'Prongs' into the fairing stay. I figured this amount of pressure would be ideal for the highway road conditions.

Hope it helps for someone who is fab challenged as myself.

Headlight__1_.jpg

Back